Tarot of the Spirit

AJ

there is a 1992 edition w/book credited to both US Games or Weiser.
and a new 2012 US Games deck edition
Has anyone handled both editions?

Tarot Passages' review indicated the 1992 edition had what are probably technology issues, in that the details in the paintings were lost in the printing, making the book practically worthless. Has the new printed addressed these issues?

I've read a number of books by the mother/daughter team, they are very nature based and I'm wondering if this deck might actually be a good companion with the Greenwood? Or is it Thoth based with it's tree of life?

Moonbow

Tarot of the Spirit is Thoth based and definitely couldn't work with the Geenwood which is based of the Wheel of the Year, the seasons, the Sabbats and Esbats.

It's a great deck though, Many years ago I worked through it doing meditations on the cards and I learnt so much by doing that, the book is brilliant.

I haven't seen the new edition.

WolfSpirit

I only have the old edition of this deck.
There was a thread about the new edition recently; people who have both editions say the new edition is much better, brings out the artwork better, so I want to get that one as well.

The illustrations in the book were no issue for me, because I only use the book when I have the cards ready, and then I look at the cards.The illustrations in the book are black and white, and quite small if I remember correctly.

The system of the deck is Thoth-based but it puts its own meaning to the cards - which is spiritual and earthy.

rwcarter

See here and here for info about the printings of the deck. :)

AJ

thank you all! Much appreciated, truly!

AJ

Thanks La Force.
I've read all the Tarot of the Spirit threads here ;) several twice!

In a place where he who dies with the most decks wins, sometimes it is difficult to get a good conversation going isn't it?

My interest has morphed into a new blog, a thoth study working through the whole deck
with Tarot of the Spirit as primary deck backed up with
Ancient Egyptian Haindl and Thoth

I know what caught my eye and interest, two of my favorite decks are the
Margarete Petersen and Roots of Asia and I can see some similarities
Or maybe I was finally read for exploring the thoth system...