Looking for a deck similar to Sweet Twilight

Lil Red

Hi guys,

I am looking for a deck that is kind of similar to to tarot of the Sweet Twilight. It does not has to be similar to the art but the feeling of melancholy or the way they express themselves. Any recommendations?

Sulis

The Fey Tarot.

Le Fanu

The Fergus Hall Witches Tarot is most definitely an influence on the artist of the Sweet Twilight.

It has that same feeling of whimsy, melancholy, butterflies and loss, tearfulness, empty landscapes...

Oh dear. Solandia says it's "rather ugly" and not to be confused with the "much better" Cannon Reed Tarot of the Witches (oops).

Here's a picture of it anyway, so you don't confuse them

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-witches/

I think the deck has been reinstated (slightly) on the retro wave of 70s tarot decks but is doomed to be rejected because of its unillustrated pips. I certainly think it will outlive the Cannon Reed one and that other botox Tarot of the Witches deck, neither of which are similar to the Sweet Twilight.

But this one, the Fergus Hall one, has something of that atmosphere

Winterchild

I agree about the Deviant Moon and I would also add the Ludy Lescot.

frac_ture

I agree with Sulis that in many ways, the Fey Tarot is possibly the closest to the Sweet Twilight in feel that I can think of.

The Deviant Moon is also worth a look for you, as Nina* suggested, as it, too, seems to exist in an odd little world all its own that you might like.

If part of what draws you to the Sweet Twilight is the surrealism of it, you might also enjoy the Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA. It's not quite as melancholy as the Sweet Twilight, but it definitely has a contemplative feel about it, and I don't believe there's another deck quite like it.

I actually own and use all four decks mentioned in this post, and I recommend them all highly!

Myrrha

Another one with a whimsical feel and a sense of the surreal is.... Oh dear I can't remember the name. It was by a Japanese artist and came out first as a majors only and then a full deck. It follows RWS pretty much with lovely arty images. Can someone help me remember the name? I didn't keep the deck as the cards were a bit small and they didn't really work with the way I read.

I am not thinking of the Lunatic, it had a kind of dreamy carnival feel to it and distorted figures. Sylvia something?

Second the Fantastical as well.

strings of life

What about the Bonefire Tarot: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/bonefire

It just came out. Matte, silky, high quality card stock. And the cards...

The deck has the similar color scheme, has moody characters (at times) and is emotional on a raw scale.

Just beautiful.