The Star as a Negative

Autumnaleqinox

I agree that desperation caused by the Star might be linked to somehow feeling that the dream you are aiming for may be too high, that deep inside you know that it can never be brought to fruition. However, I've read other interpretations that the claustrophobic feeling brought about by the Star can also be caused when you feel that in the end, even if you know you can reach that specific dream when you put your mind to it, you still won't give it your all because in your heart of hearts you do not believe that all the effort is worth the pay off. It might not be what you truly desire, but you think that since you've started it and put so much effort and energy into it, you might as well end it. It's the sunk cost fallacy, and it might be worth exploring if it really is the case.

That's a really interesting interpretation, I hadn't considered anything like that before. The idea that they're just chasing an endpoint without truly desiring the outcome could be a possibility. I think that makes sense with this particular card's imagery as well, as it's a fairly stark card with a single point focus, not the usual more joyful or hopeful imagery of some other decks.

Autumnaleqinox

The Star card can also show that the querent is all about hopes and dreams but not doing anything to bring this dream into reality. So they basically are always procrastinating and never get started in the first place.

That's possible, or possibly chasing intangibles and doing the wrong things to bring this goal into reality. The querent is usually a go-getter type, but they could definitely be working against themselves in actually achieving their dreams.

Autumnaleqinox

The star is healing. Maybe your expectations were that you would be PERFECT, all fine, once you got back into equilibrium. And you aren't. Perfect that is, you never will be. So you are caught in a loop of I am healed, but I am not perfect so I must not be healed, but I should be healed, so something is wrong and I am not healed but I am healed.....

Stop overthinking it. Just relax a bit and be in the moment and maybe it will ease.

barb

I do think that this struggle could definitely relate to the querent thinking they are either perfect or something is wrong with them, and panicking over the fact that even through they are close to achieving their goals, it hasn't brought the peace they expected. I think your advice of relaxing a bit and letting some things go could definitely help and makes sense in the context of the rest of the spread!

lucid_dawn

It's funny your message popped up right when I got to The Star in the book I am reading. Basically the reverse meaning says unhappiness, loneliness, cancelled plans, and a clouded future. I liked the description of things being out of reach.

magicjack

Are you sure this person even has hopes or goals? The Star sometimes is sort of a "future" card in that the hope will get you to your goal. A depressed person has a lot of panic feelings especially when they have nothing to look forward to. But I also see the Star going even a little deeper than that. ( your link didn't work for me so I'm going by a traditional looking card ). To me sometimes the naked woman says to be yourself. Do not hide your feelings. If your not being yourself, you can't be the star that you should be. Also, it could be more simple as just needing a pep talk.