which moon sign are you

yorickbrown

my moon's in aquarius.

its square to venus and mercury and uranus,
opposite mars
and trine with pluto

i can't say i know how those aspects affect me...

my sun is in aries and i have a gemini rising.

i do know though that my moon makes me more open minded and interested in alternative and new things. i also feel alone easily, as if i don't have enough friends or as if they don't really understand me. i think thats to do with my moon. perhaps its also brought out through my arian need for love, attention and acceptance?

wizzle

I've read through the postings on the moon and one thing that strikes me is that most people read their moon exactly in the same manner as they do their sun. I can't tell the difference. And there is a huge difference between the two lights. The moon is all of our reactive/subconscious potentials whereas the sun is our outgoing/consious activities. The moon in sagittarius, for example, does not make you a happy outgoing individual looking for philosophical insights. That's a possible reading for sun in sag but not for the moon. The moon in sag would tend to react to an affliction by trying to learn a lesson. If you are sad, it will try to nurture you by giving you a bit of philosophy to chew on or try to set you up on a cruise. When the going gets rough emotionally, all moons try to hide. A sag moon will hide in a book or by starting a new course of learning. And since one of the primary functions of a moon is nurturing, a sag moon will give you exotic foreign foods to distract you. A taurus moon will probably offer mashed potatoes and cancer moon something like rice pudding (or other food from your childhood).

Sophie

Having my moon in Sagittarius, all I can say wizzle is - you have that part of me down to a T.

An astrologer friend of me also explained to me that the moon sign was what one FELT (not only when one is sad) - what was important emotionally. Travel, discovery, new learning, etc. are important to me emotionally. They keep me happy, they feed me. Also, my moon in in the 7th house (sounds like that song in Hair - "Age of Aquarius"!!) - so I suppose that means I am nurtured by close relationships, but it is also the area where I am most easily hurt.

My moon (in Sag, 7th house) squares my Sun (in Pisces, 11th house), which shows a tension I have felt all my life between what nourishes me emotionally and who I am, my soul purpose. I'm starting to see it - in my late thirties - as a creative tension, but it is also an exhausting one. I often feel close to burn-out.

But - I am a happy outgoing individual looking for philosophical insights...I guess that's because I must be a Jupiterian Pisces!

Lillie

Hey!

You're the opposite to me!

I have sun in Saggi and the moon in Pisces!

Sophie

Oooh! that way we can cheer each other up :) (or rub each other up the wrong way :bugeyed: )

Crystelle

So question,
I never really understood the significance of houses...

My Moon is in Leo, second house... how does that change the interpretation (I am afraid that I have been reading my moon sign just as my sun sign -- oops!)

anion-

Tarotwytch said:
I don't know that much about astrology but my Moon sign is Capricorn with Sun in Pisces with ascendant in Scorpio. I feel that my Moon sign keeps my emotional side well grounded but sometimes too grounded as I find it difficult to "let go" intuitively and spiritually. Does this sound right or am I on the wrong track?

Wow, we are exactly the same signs.... I have a natal chart somewhere but don't know enough about astrology yet to tell you all of what is says re: planets etc.

anion-

Opps... I misread that post. My moon sign is in Cancer (feels like a dolt - really I CAN read :p).

squeakmo9

wizzle said:
And there is a huge difference between the two lights. The moon is all of our reactive/subconscious potentials whereas the sun is our outgoing/consious activities. A taurus moon will probably offer mashed potatoes

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of smashed taters :)