Gorey Fantod deck!

Debra

The new ones are heavily laminated and smelly. They come in a very sturdy gray box and the box has more writing on it than the original. The original is less laminated and the box is flimsy.

thorhammer

I've been reading with this deck a bit the last few days, and it's getting kind of addictive :) I've renamed it the Rantod deck, because it makes me feel like I should be up in someone's face, shaking a finger and ranting in obscure terms.

One of my sitters (thankyou, Cat*) suggested something that did actually occur to me last night - that this deck would work wonderfully with the Phantasmagoric Theatre Tarot. They both have a twisted sense of reality!

I just wanted to revive this in the hope that other uses of this funny little mathom come out of the wood work.

\m/ Kat

frelkins

just ordered this, it looks fantastic!

lark

My son gave me this deck for xmas.
we were playing around with it all day giving readings about every little thing that came up...it was histerical yet really right on about most things.
Very fun little deck to work with.
I'm going to pair it with my Phantasmagoric too that's a marvelous idea!

Hannafate

I love Gorey's work, and never knew about the Fantod Pack until I started poking around here.

I just ordered one from his site.

Now I'm getting the fantods waiting for it!

lightbug

I did online readings with this deck somewhere... I can't remember where I saw it! But the meanings are so disasterous and wonderful -- one cannot help but approach our fear of "negative" with a little humor!

:)

Hannafate

Heavily laminated, and they smell funny. Perfect. My husband is a Gorey fan, but not much of a Tarot fan. He LOVES the Fantod deck. We looked up all the obscure words together.

(He says he worries that the Tarot will tell me that he really isn't as wonderful as I think he is. He's such a sweetie.)

alice_addams

Fantod

I wasn't even aware of this deck until I happened upon it at the Knoxville Museum of Art gift shop. It was such a steal, yet I only used it for the first time yesterday in a multi-card reading. The booklet is a fun read, but I wouldn't apply it in readings. I'm thinking a card from the Fantod would make a nice "wild card" for readings with standard Tarot decks. I'm looking forward to doing more with this one...I'd like to try it with my Bosch, as soon as it arrives!!

thorhammer

I acquired the Phantasmagoric Theatre Tarot specifically to do joint readings with this deck :D (and also as a direct result of the efforts of the de-enabling thread :joke:). I simply love doing Fantod readings as it directs in the booklet, throwing the cards about and crawling around the room with my eyes shut - it lends a real drama to the whole act. Commitment, ya know? :D I find it's creepy and horrid and deliciously accurate, and I love mine to bits.

\m/ Kat