Thunderstorm Spread !!

Calayvie

Hi. I'm fairly new to tarot but I love making my own spreads, as well as using other peoples/from books etc.
I think that coming up with the right question (not just in tarot but in any self-talk) actually gets you halfway to the solution, so I try to make my own spreads for my introspective and healing journey.

I made this the other morning, it was only raining, but that night it STORMED, so I did the spread and it turned out OK! :)

I love storms. They are so powerful and humbling, and cleansing. :)

I thought I'd put it out there for feedback, opinions, suggestions, and hoping it might help someone if its asking the right questions for you.
Essentially its a novelty spread, but I'll never look at a thunderstorm the same way again, whether I've got my cards out or not :)

1. What are the dark storm clouds bringing in for you to face?

2. What is the lightening flash illuminating and revealing to you?

3. What is the thunderclap demanding that you pay attention to?

4. What is the heavy rain washing away that you need to let go of?

5. What is the rain nourishing that you can grow from this storm?

6. What realisation will the clear sky bring to you when the storm passes?

I have no format/shape to put the cards in. Any suggestions would be welcome. I see a purpose for the shape, but its not a priority to me and I couldn't figure one out quickly for this spread.

Thanks in advance! It'd be great if I could fine tune my spread making with your help!

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

CosmicBeing

This looks like an amazing layout...really like how it is. I have to try it out.

I also love thunderstorms so win win for me lol

Hemera

I have no format/shape to put the cards in. Any suggestions would be welcome. I see a purpose for the shape, but its not a priority to me and I couldn't figure one out quickly for this spread.
How would a lightning bolt work? Something like:

Ummm..doesn´t look very good :p ..but you get the idea.

CosmicBeing

why not neptune's trident? didn't his trident also cause thunderstorms and other water base storms?

1*******6
**2***5**
****3****
****4****

Calayvie

This looks like an amazing layout...really like how it is. I have to try it out.

I also love thunderstorms so win win for me lol
Cool thanks! I was pretty chuffed after I made it, it kind of just spilled out of me with little effort and I like it. Its good to get others opinions on it though :)

Calayvie

Ummm..doesn´t look very good [emoji14] ..but you get the idea.
Lol. Yeah that could work! Maybe putting the cards a little bit to the side and down from each other? I'll have to get my cards out and have a look.
Or moving more across the sky rather than downwards so quick?

Calayvie

why not neptune's trident? didn't his trident also cause thunderstorms and other water base storms?

1*******6
**2***5**
****3****
****4****
I like this. Although I do have a spread about forgiveness (that i got online) that is this shape, although the ordering is different I think.
I like how it moves downwards 1-4 and then branches up for card 5 & 6.
And it starts in the sky and ends in the sky, a journey. :)

CosmicBeing

I like this. Although I do have a spread about forgiveness (that i got online) that is this shape, although the ordering is different I think.
I like how it moves downwards 1-4 and then branches up for card 5 & 6.
And it starts in the sky and ends in the sky, a journey. :)

now that I look at it and with what you said it kinda looks like the water cycle (forgot scientific term)

http://www.kidzone.ws/images-changed/water/swatercycle1.gif

Luna's Crone

that would work!

Luna's Crone

it would be fun to try different lightening looks and if they work for you post them