Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

Disa

Yep, that's me! I've been away for a few months, overloaded with work/life. Taking some time off to get my headspace back and this is perfect for me right now. :)

I'm glad to see you here, BlueDragonfly- you didn't have to do all the organizing this go round ;)

Well it's the first day of our reading and I'm so excited! Happy Sacred Days of Midsummer everyone! Already enjoying reading what people have shared so far about their Day 1 experience.

I wanted to share a poem as we dive into our reading:

Thanks so much for sharing this poem with us, it's very helpful. A reminder to me to actually feel what the solstice is all about.

So excited, today's the first day!

I've pulled my first card. My plan is to draw the card in the morning and do the write up at night and hopefully do some processing during the day.

I decided to make my draw quickly this morning. Time is scarce in the mornings with the school run and a commute, but I thought I would then at least have all day to reflect on it and post my interpretation in the evening.

Luxa and CharlotteK you guys have given me something to think about. My time is also very scarce in the mornings, but I could take the time to pull the card before work and contemplate it all day before I write about it. Great Idea! I will think about this.

Since it's the first day (afternoon for me) I'm just about to do the shuffle, etc and do my first write up before I go to water aerobics class.

I'm excited to see so many here participating. I really needed this at this time. It will help me regroup, get my spiritual bearings, again. I"m using a deck that I've never used- The SpellCaster's Tarot, so I have no idea what to expect and that's part of the fun of it! Thanks everyone xoxox

Luxa

Luxa and CharlotteK you guys have given me something to think about. My time is also very scarce in the mornings, but I could take the time to pull the card before work and contemplate it all day before I write about it. Great Idea! I will think about this.

Disa, yes my time is short in the mornings too, and doing it this way worked quite well. Although tomorrow i'm going to try and note down my first impressions quickly, because I forgot them as the day went on!

RavenOfSummer, thanks for the lovely poem!

I've had a look at everyone's draws so far - really interesting! Some are just perfect, like the fool, or an ace!

I haven't used Chrysalis for ages and i forgot how deep it can be, combined with this Sacred days of Midsummer spread, i think I'm going to have fun!

Scarlet Woodland

Man, that first card went deep. The Chrysalis Tarot was definitely the perfect choice, thanks Luxa :thumbsup: Grateful to EmpyreanKnight for letting us pilfer your pretty formatting too :D Just organising my thoughts into writing at the mo.

Thankyou RavenOfSummer for coming up with this... it's obvious how much work went into it, and I think this is just what I needed.

Think I'm going to keep doing my draws as I did today. Drew today's card just before I made dinner and mulled it over as I was busy cooking and eating. Hubby's on early shifts this week so have the late evening all to myself, to put things into writing.

BlueDragonfly

I'm glad to see you here, BlueDragonfly- you didn't have to do all the organizing this go round ;)
I'm excited to see so many here participating. I really needed this at this time. It will help me regroup, get my spiritual bearings, again. I"m using a deck that I've never used- The SpellCaster's Tarot, so I have no idea what to expect and that's part of the fun of it! Thanks everyone xoxox

*waves* Hi Disa, it's nice to just be a participant, and relax into my reading. I'm feeling the same way, needing to regroup and get my bearings back. Hope you enjoy reading with a different deck than your usual DruidCraft. :)

BlueDragonfly

Thanks for sharing that lovely poem, RavenOfSummer, I'm going to add it to my journal of this reading.

by the way, I love the idea of having a separate thread for discussion, I'll be borrowing it come December. :)

Disa

*waves* Hi Disa, it's nice to just be a participant, and relax into my reading. I'm feeling the same way, needing to regroup and get my bearings back. Hope you enjoy reading with a different deck than your usual DruidCraft. :)

It's nice to just be a participant, isn't it? I hope you will be able to regroup and get your bearings back.

I think it's working! This deck(The SpellCaster's Tarot) is really resonating for me with this spread and with what's happening in my life so far. I think I'm feeling more grounded already and it's only day 2! I read with many decks throughout the year, but I do love my all time fave and beloved Druidcraft for serious things. I just really felt I needed a whole new start and it's doing the trick(I'm sure the DruidCraft will be back for the Sacred Days of Yule ;) )

Prism

Yes, thanks RavenOfSummer, I also think this is just what I needed to focus on my situation and what needs to be done. I have already been kicked in the head by my cards.

I'm happy I decided too use the Daniloff, which I hadn't picked up in a while. It's a summery deck, I think, and so beautiful.

I've been drawing my card in the morning, taking a picture of it, and looking at it periodically throughout my workday.

I hadn't done anything other than a daily two-card draw for a long time, and this is a great way to try something deeper.

arcange

Definitely not the cards I imagined to pull. But oh so enlightening.

I'll have a hard time posting my interpretations everyday because I'm traveling for ten days during. but I have a brand new journal that will be only for this.

Mi-Shell

I am enjoying the readings thread and so meeting all the newer members of AT!
> waves: Hi EVERYONE!! :) <

JDusk

The Cosmos Tarot is already killing me with its accuracy, as expected. And today I drew one of my favorite cards, Phoenix/the World, which will be just beautiful at the top of the circle when it's completed. Excited to continue building this spread every day. :)