Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

Deanne

I've really enjoyed the first 2 days of this spread - thanks for starting this up Raven ofSummer!

I'm going camping this weekend, so will miss a few days. Will try to post them all on Monday, but that may spill over into Tuesday :p

RavenOfSummer

Well these first couple of days of our reading have been much more hectic than I anticipated...I'm glad to have this reading and especially to have all of you as an anchor during this sacred time! I pulled my first card yesterday in the morning, and had planned to write it up in the evening after my herbal medicine class, but I was soooo tired after class that I just fell asleep, and then today have been running around all day and didn't pull my card until late, so just added both card write-ups to my reading post! Tomorrow might also be a little crazy but after that things should slow down here. This weekend I'm hoping to take more time to get outside.

I love seeing everyone's draws so far. And everyone seems so happy with their deck choices!! :love:

RavenOfSummer

Hello !

I am so excited about this spread :)

I finally chose the Stella's tarot. It was not even in my short list, but my secret deck has not arrived through the mail yet, and I suddenly remembered that I had this beautiful Stella's tarot, with joyful colors, soft and warm like a midsummer breeze.... so that is the deck I am using, finally. It's soft, accurate, beautiful, has a soft feminine vibe, and the cards are not too big wich is great for a large spread like this one.

I have cleared my reading table, set beautiful scented candles and incense.... I dont always use "ritual settings" for reading, but this time the spread deserves a little decorum, and I love it when I have a good reason to light incense and candles.
I have candles for fire, incense for air, a beautiful shell for water, and many crystals for earth.
I am resolving the kids and cats problem by setting the cards on the table and blocking them with crystals. I have gotten out some of my heaviest crystals, for that occasion.

Right now, my deck rests in the middle of the soon to be circle, weighted down by a large green aventurine (I love this stone, the lucky stone :)
On my first card (Judgement) I am laying a citrin point, to weight it down (and to infuse it with yellow citrin lucky joyous vibe, it wont hurt !)

I had to wait until most of the family went upstairs for sleeping time, in order to have a few calm moments for myself in the sitting room (my reading table is in the sitting room, not the calmest room in the house, but I have a big family so quietness is a rare thing here)
I bet my readings will occur either in the morning (if I am up before everyone, not always likely), or later in the evening.

Namaste to all, enjoy your first day ! Much love :)

Your setting sounds absolutely lovely Carojulie! Thank you for the inspiration!

stclair

I'm really enjoying this, RavenofSummer. I like the rhythm of it - I'm drawing a card in the morning and then returning to it at night for the writeup. Little ideas pop up throughout the day while I think about the significance of the day's theme. The cards I'm getting so far are pretty rich with meaning for me! Also enjoying everyone else's posts. Thank you :)

Barleywine

I see some of us have been updating the template in the original thread on a daily basis, but not many. Is there an expectation for this? It seems to work best for me this way, and at the end I plan to do an overall "roll-up" interpretation and attach a picture.

sweetcherise13

I am enjoying the readings thread and so meeting all the newer members of AT!
> waves: Hi EVERYONE!! :) <
<waves back at Mi-Shell> :D
I've been enjoying this as well Mi-Shell. So far, I'm a little behind posting, but drawing in the morning and interpreting at night has been working well and the draws have been so insightful.
Thank you RavenOfSummer! This is just what I needed. :thumbsup:

andromedastarseed

I'm also enjoying this spread. I've been doing my draw in the morning and using it as my theme for the day. Also, if I put off the interpretation I won't get back to it. I'm enjoying everyone's posts[emoji3]

Luxa

I see some of us have been updating the template in the original thread on a daily basis, but not many. Is there an expectation for this? It seems to work best for me this way, and at the end I plan to do an overall "roll-up" interpretation and attach a picture.

I was going to add a photo at the end too. I hadn't thought of a "roll-up" though, is a great idea, I'll try to do that too.

I'm loving everyone's readings too.

I'm running late tonight, I've added my card, but my interpretation will have to follow tomorrow.

Is anyone else finding their daily draws (if you do them) are tying in nicely with the reading? Mine seem to be, its great fun!

Disa

I think the goal is to update daily. I enjoy updating daily. Many do the best they can as they juggle their everyday lives and/or vacation/work traveling. Some begin and don't end up completing the spread. We usually do an end of spread"wrap up" "roll up" or general "overall" interp of our readings at the end and many do attach a pic. It's really up to you- pretty flexible.

RavenOfSummer

I think the goal is to update daily. I enjoy updating daily. Many do the best they can as they juggle their everyday lives and/or vacation/work traveling. Some begin and don't end up completing the spread. We usually do an end of spread"wrap up" "roll up" or general "overall" interp of our readings at the end and many do attach a pic. It's really up to you- pretty flexible.

What Disa said :) I think updating every day is the ideal, but when life gets in the way of daily updating it's not uncommon to see readers need to catch up on a couple or a few days. Also a few readers had mentioned when they signed up that they would be traveling at some point during the reading and would need to be away from the forum for a few days.