inanna_tarot + Lumen
RexMalaki & Chiska
Sulis + Cassandra022
l'appeso + le_charior
punchinella + moonbear
Flaxen + Sherryl
Nina* + Mallah

Dear fellow Marseille Tarotistas,

a new month, a new TdM exchange, yay! Please post here if you wish to participate!

Timeline:
- Reading partners assigned on Thursday, December 8th
- Reading and feedback to be completed by Sunday, January 1st

Spreads:
We had the Tirage en Croix, some people in the last round tried the Dynamic Hexagramme spread (which made me very happy because it's my favourite!), so for this round, if someone feels like doing a new spread, I want to propose two:
- the oldest recorded spread by Comte de Mellet (as described on Mary K. Greers Blog here) and
- Chronata's spread, a 3 x 3 cards mini "tableau" spread that I like. I did three rows of three cards already without knowing it... it is very flexible and open, so in my opinion it works nicely with the TdM.

But, as usual, feel free to do another one, share your favourite spread or do a free reading of how many cards you wish. Minimum three cards please!

Decks:
The Tdm Exchange is a friendly and fun place to share and develop our reading skills with Tarot de Marseille decks, other historic decks with non-scenic pips and Tarot de Marseille inspired modern decks. If you aren't sure if you have a deck that is suited, just ask. If you decide to read with a deck that your sitter does not have, please post pictures of the cards you drew so everybody can follow.

Pips reading methods:
There are a lot of different reading methods of the Tarot de Marseille and especially the pips. These are all equally welcome and all ok. If you don't know where to start, check the forum index (especially the thread on "Reading Methods" - and don't be shy or scared by the non-scenic pips, just jump on right in!
In order to make this a fruitful learning experience for the reader, the sitter and everybody following the exchange, please take the time to explain what method you are using for the pips. Links to threads here on the forum explaining the method or single cards are most welcome.

Please share the process of your reading, not only the results. And please take the time and effort (as most people do anyway) to write more than a line on each card. Tell your partner what your interpretation is based on, what you saw, what brought you to the conclusions. The more detail, the more everybody will learn!

Please make your feedback as detailled as possible so your reading partner can benefit from it. It's not so much about what you saw in the cards your partner drew for you (even if you can include this as well of course), but more about how you can relate to the reading you got. Don't hesitate to ask questions, to go into a discussion, a back and forth of feedback and feedback on feedback.

And now it's time for you... to lipsync... no wait, that was a different show... to read for your life! :) Looking forward to exchanging with you all!

lc

nisaba

Ha! I'm first!

La Force

I just noticed this thread, looks like your the first pair. I'm interested, this sounds like a blast. I need to think about it a bit, is that okay

le_charior

I just noticed this thread, looks like your the first pair. I'm interested, this sounds like a blast. I need to think about it a bit, is that okay

Hello La Force!

Once the sign up is closed, I will pair reading partners. Traditionally I use my Minchiate deck for that, with the Zodiac and Elements cards :) (But let's NOT go off topic in another thread again, on your first day here!) So I don't know yet if I will be partnered with nisaba, maybe, if I'm lucky...

Take your time thinking about it, of course! And check out the last two rounds of the exchanges in October and November, there are links to the actual reading exchange threads in the first post. So you get an idea how readings go. There is no need to be shy or reluctant to participate, if you are curious and willing to work with the Marseille deck, this is the place to experiment with it and make great experiences. For me it is extremely helpful to actually read for someone real with a real question, and to get feedback!

inanna_tarot

Im in for some festive TdM fun :D

Sulis

Yes please - sign me up :)

le_charior

Welcome, inanna_tarot & Sulis! Festive fun it will be, indeed!

Lumen

Me too. Signing in.

inanna_tarot

Welcome, inanna_tarot & Sulis! Festive fun it will be, indeed!

hehe, some festive frenchy fun! *strokes imaginary really bad extravagant moustache*
ooooo oui oui

lol.