Astrology and Lenormand

214red

When looking at the Mystical deck, I always assumed the artist or whoever got the signs for Gemini and Pisces mixed up:

Gemini = Book
Pisces = Fish

seems to make more sense . . .

I did initially, but after i started delving into astrology i realised a few things...
gemini often learns things for the sake of learning, it doesnt often apply and discern it well enough, it simply collects data, but not always drawing a conclusion or using it for something. it also can never shut up, it spews data out all the time, so the idea of a secret and a gemini...well lets just say 'never going to happen' unless they have some other planets to serve them.
the book i fiind more about secret knowledge, knowledge that cant always be just found in a book. but anyways will post on that more

andybc

I've got Regula's book somewhere. I can find it out and post the associations she gives?

214red

I've got Regula's book somewhere. I can find it out and post the associations she gives?

That would be fab, i want to have any ones that we can:)

andybc

Mystical Lenormand - Regula Elizabeth Fiechter

In her book, Regula Fiechter gives the correspondences as follows:

Cavalier – Mercury
Cloverleaf – Sagittarius
Ship – Ninth House
House – Fourth House
Tree – Virgo
Clouds – Neptune
Snake – Scorpio
Coffin – Eighth House
Bouquet – Jupiter
Scythe – Chiron
Rod – Lilith
Birds – Uranus
Child – Fifth House
Fox – Pluto
Bear – First House
Stars – Aquarius
Storks – Aries
Dog – Eleventh House
High Tower - Saturn
Park – Tenth House
Mountain – Capricorn
Road – Libra
Mice – Second House
Heart – Seventh House
Ring – Taurus
Book – Pisces
Letter – Third House
Man – Mars
Woman – Venus
Lilies – Moon
Sun – Leo
Moon – Cancer
Key – Sun
Fish – Gemini
Anchor – Seventh House
Cross – Twelfth House

Hope this helps Red.

214red

thats fab andy! will see if i can start a comparison list, but first i might start the conversation with mercury....

214red

Rider/houserider/Cavalier – Mercury

So the first question is, does mercury from an astrological point of view work with the 1st card? and then, we can ask what else we can assign to it (i am not looking for agreement, but lively discussion):
Mercury is the son of Jupiter/Zeus (king of the gods), his name is linked to the name for merchant and trading, he is god of trade, thieves, and travel. Often is known as the messenger god, associated with methods of information collecting, processing and distributing. Mercury the planet is one of the fastest moving planets moving through each sign in about 23 days.

Mercury usually represents young people, or people you deal with data gathering. It also links to transportation and things like email, its because its about speed and information, so an email is sending information in a speedy way.

Now we have all heard people say “I wouldn’t do that, mercury is rx”, this planet is the one that’s retrograde the most , it also so it spends an awful lot of its time going backwards and redoing things that he had only just done….for example it started retrograding on 24th Jan 2012, finished 4th april, and enters back into retrograde July 14th until august 7th, then again on November 6th to November 26th 2012.

Now retrograde in the most simplistic terms is that the planets appear to be going backwards, and so it travels backwards through signs it has only just come out of, often it forces you to redo things you have done, or rethink. Whilst its doing this, other things can often get backed up, or messages doing get sent, miscommunication is ripe during this time. But the periods of retrograde are shorter then other planets, so they impact less

Mercury rules both Gemini and Virgo. the glyph. symbolises mind, over divine spirit, and matter, to me this is saying that its less physical , more mental

So now we know that he is fast, not always reliable or accurate, privileged as son of the ruler of gods, enthusiastic, friendly, intelligent, can bring people or ideas together

so anything more we can add about mercury...

lord_ewin

You know what, Red? I think you hit on the Rider's definition simply by pointing out all the astrology linked to Mercury.

So, communication, quick movement; a small sense of erratic behaviour with the retrogrades (how youth starts one thing and abandons it too quickly, onky to realize, crap... I need to do that still), someone young and / or sporty, etc, etc.

214red

You know what, Red? I think you hit on the Rider's definition simply by pointing out all the astrology linked to Mercury.

So, communication, quick movement; a small sense of erratic behaviour with the retrogrades (how youth starts one thing and abandons it too quickly, onky to realize, crap... I need to do that still), someone young and / or sporty, etc, etc.

i think the rider is a really easy one, compared to his dad jupiter who is god of wine and wisdom....now thats a combo thats going to be interesting, he also is a serial womaniser...but anyways...lol

214red

Hmmm...this is jumping ahead, but your description of Jupiter reminds me of the lily.

yeah there might be something in it, but for now lets see with mercury