Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

RavenOfSummer

The group reading thread for Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017 has been put up in the Group Readings subforum. I'm so excited to take this journey with you all- please join us!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=275081

This is a brand new group reading this year, inspired by the Sacred Days of Yule tradition that has been going on in the forums for quite a few years now. We will post our readings in the Group Readings section thread linked above- please sign up there when you're ready. This thread is for general discussion around our readings this year.

This group reading is for readers of ALL levels. We will be pulling one card each day for 12 days, beginning June 14. Everyone is welcome!

RavenOfSummer

What deck are you using?

To get the discussion started here, I would love to know for those of you who plan to join this year...what deck are you thinking of using?

I am having a hard time deciding. I actually had my heart set on using Cathy McClelland's Star Tarot for this reading, which was due to be published at the end of May. I had the deck on pre-order and I could not WAIT to get my hands on it for the Summer Solstice reading! Unfortunately the publication date was pushed back to late July. So now, I'm really not sure what to do!

What are your ideas on decks you'd like to use? As BlueDragonfly has noted with the Yule reading, you are also welcome to use an oracle deck or a combination of decks.

EmpyreanKnight

I'm so stoked for this. :) I will be using the Barbara Walker Tarot, which should be here by then.

Signy

I'm really excited to try this. It's perfect opportunity to explore my new Golden Thread deck. (There's also the pesky fact that all of my other decks are still in storage from my recent move).

RiverRunsDeep

I'm looking forward to doing this. I decided to use my Robin Wood Tarot. It is an old favorite for Spring and Summer readings, and it has been calling out to me lately.

Nemia

I love this idea, just LOVE it, and to be honest... I think the equinoxes are calling out for similar, maybe shorter?, reading sessions.

I'm currently diving into the time factor of tarot with a tarot calendar based on the Tabula Mundi, Arcana of Astrology and other decks, and find it completely fascinating. I'm looking for a spiritual, honest, individual but traditional way to celebrate and honour the seasons. The combination of multi cultural traditions, folklore and tarot is irresistible to me :)

I don't know yet which deck I'll use, maybe the Etruscan? It has such a summery vibe. Or Anna K.?

Carojulie

Hello Raven,

What a wonderful idea ! Thank you so much raven for coming up with this idea, this thread, and building up this group :)

I am happily signing in.
I do not know right now wich deck I will use, I will reflect on that in the coming days, and maybe share my ideas here if you do not mind.
I think for this I would like a deck that both celebrates summer and light, and also celebrates feminity. Maybe the Clover tarot, so sunny and feminine.... or one of my more witchy decks, like Druidcraft or Green Witch... mmm ... the Mystic Faery tarot would suit the season well too. I will see.

I suppose one challenge for me will be to find a space in the house to leave the spread out for 12 days, out of reach of my kids, and, even worse, out of reach of the cats (my cats always seem to be drawn to anything tarot related, and love to come up and sniff the cards and eventually lie on the spread). But I will come up with something !
I am already picturing in my head a quiet sacred place, a beautiful reading cloth, crystals and incense burning slowly while the cards are thoughfully added one by one. It might turn into a summer altar.. if only it could rest 12 days undisturbed in my home.

I am very excited :)

andromedastarseed

I'm also thinking of joining. I just got the Good Tarot, which I think I'll use.

Luxa

Hi everyone, I'd love to join! I've never did a reading like this, over 12 days, and the spread looks great. Very exciting!!

I'm thinking of using either Chrysalis or The Green Witch. Both of them appeal to me for this. I'll have a think about it.

littlethings

Hi Raven,

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm planning on doing this, I'm just not sure yet which deck to use.

I suppose one challenge for me will be to find a space in the house to leave the spread out for 12 days, out of reach of my kids, and, even worse, out of reach of the cats (my cats always seem to be drawn to anything tarot related, and love to come up and sniff the cards and eventually lie on the spread). But I will come up with something !
I am already picturing in my head a quiet sacred place, a beautiful reading cloth, crystals and incense burning slowly while the cards are thoughfully added one by one. It might turn into a summer altar.. if only it could rest 12 days undisturbed in my home.

I am very excited :)

I usually read at my desk, which is not big enough for a 12 card spread. What I did was get a large piece of foam poster board and then put a second piece of the foam board over the spread. I then secured them together with clips/clamps. That way the cards stay put until you're ready to work on the spread again. Even with kids and cats :)