Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

I Sunshine

Hard choice

Thank you for making space for this celebration of the Solstice! I love all the suggestions & ideas on what each deck would bring to it. I have a fairly good sized collection which is a blessing but also makes this type of choice difficult! Chrysalis, Ann K, or maybe one of my Goddess decks which have been calling me of late. Still not sure.

I love the idea of an altar: I do have a round table I could use. I also love the magnet board idea. That would be useful all year long for so many different readings. Will have to check it out.

I think starting to do a little research of my own on all 12 themes (days) will enhance the whole process. Pretty stoked about all this!!

lantana

Just signed up! I don't have the room to keep a 12 card spread out for that long, but I'll try to look at the spread as a whole on the last day. I'll be using the Prisma Visions, because the colors are so summery to me (even with the dark blue cards and the seasonal minors) and I just love using it for large spreads.

littlethings

Still trying to decide what to use, but I'm leaning towards a fairy deck.

EmpyreanKnight

Just a week to go and I can't wait! I just hope my Barbara Walker would get here in time.

RavenOfSummer

Just a week to go and I can't wait! I just hope my Barbara Walker would get here in time.

Yay! So excited too!! Sending some vibes your way in hopes you'll get the Barbara Walker in time :)

Still trying to decide what to use, but I'm leaning towards a fairy deck.

Thank you for making space for this celebration of the Solstice! I love all the suggestions & ideas on what each deck would bring to it. I have a fairly good sized collection which is a blessing but also makes this type of choice difficult! Chrysalis, Ann K, or maybe one of my Goddess decks which have been calling me of late. Still not sure.

I love the idea of an altar: I do have a round table I could use. I also love the magnet board idea. That would be useful all year long for so many different readings. Will have to check it out.

I think starting to do a little research of my own on all 12 themes (days) will enhance the whole process. Pretty stoked about all this!!

I'm with you littlethings and I Sunshine...still haven't settled on a deck. Although now I'm really leaning towards the Prisma Visions which worked so well for me for the Yule group reading.

I Sunshine, I love that your researching the themes on your own as well! I had a great time doing the research to create the spread.

Just signed up! I don't have the room to keep a 12 card spread out for that long, but I'll try to look at the spread as a whole on the last day. I'll be using the Prisma Visions, because the colors are so summery to me (even with the dark blue cards and the seasonal minors) and I just love using it for large spreads.

I'm really leaning towards my Prisma Visions as well now! I just read with it for someone for the World Tarot Exchange and it just has such a wonderful energy.

Shade

Hi Shade! Yes, June 16 specifically has been celebrated for Isis according to my research. I first came across this in the book "Moon Magick" by DJ Conway when I was doing research to create this spread. June 16 is the Night of the Teardrop, also known as the Feast of the Waters of the Nile.

Very cool, thank you for that info, I will not have internet access for a few days of the spread but I think I will join in. :)

RavenOfSummer

Very cool, thank you for that info, I will not have internet access for a few days of the spread but I think I will join in. :)

Excellent! You can always fill in the days your missed when you're back online :)

EmpyreanKnight

Yay! So excited too!! Sending some vibes your way in hopes you'll get the Barbara Walker in time :)

Just got word that the Walker and its companion book should be here by this weekend so yay! Thanks RavenOfSummer, your vibes must be very effective. :thumbsup:

Carojulie

I am still trying to decide wich deck to use for this spread.

I am thinking of several :

- The Motherpeace, wich would be very appropriate for this special work, with its links to the godess and feminine power ; it has always seemed to be a sort of sacred deck to me, so that makes sense
- The DruidCraft (I have the french version : le Tarot des Druides) which also seems appropriate, due to its representations of ritualistic celebrations
- The Clover Tarot, one of my all time favourite, because it is so close to my heart, and has such vibrant colors and thoughfull imagery
- The Distant Past tarot which has a very sunny, midsummer vibe to it, with all this sunny athmosphere and blue skies and foliage
- I am also thinking of a secret deck that I am waiting for through the post, but I am not sure it will get there in time. Only today's post and tomorow's post, after that it will be too late. Its a deck that I have been dreaming of for litteraly years... so if it arrived in time, what better way to start a journey with it, than using it for this midsummer spread ?

Initially I had also thought of one of my witchy decks (Green Witch, Modern Spellcaster..) or one of my faiery decks (Hezicos, Sidhe, Victorian faierys..) because the vibe was coherent with the subject of the spread. But, as much as I like some of these decks, I do not love them as much as I love the decks that I mentioned in the list above, and I sensed that I really wanted a special deck, one that is really amongst my all time favourites, for this spread.

I enjoy reading about all your chosen decks, and I see that some of you have a hard time chosing, like me !
:)

ETA : Oh no, now that I have written that I dont like my witchy decks and my faery decks as much as the others, I feel bad for them to be left aside.... :(

sweetcherise13

I'm not sure how I missed this. :confused:
Is there still time to join in?