Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

sweetcherise13

Sweetcherise13, yay! So nice to connect with you on here again :party: We're so happy to have you, and I saw you made your post in the reading thread as EmpyreanKnight advised :) Welcome!
Thank you RavenOfSummer. :) This sounds just perfect for me right now.

Where I'm going to be able to leave it up, I haven't quite figured out yet.

Luxa

I'm really looking forward to this! I've decided to go with Chrysalis and not The Green Witch. After using The Green Witch for wee while, it's a very practical deck, and for me Chrysalis is much more spiritual, so I'll go with that. I haven't used it for ages too, so I'm glad I can get it out for such a special spread.

Love everyone's choice of decks too!

This is a great question Carojulie. In terms of the layout I took this directly from the Sacred Days of Yule layout which has been used for the Yule readings here on the forums for many years. Last year was my first time doing the Yule reading, and I actually wondered the same thing as you- why isn't card number 1 at the top of the wheel? After thinking about it the idea I had is that not putting card number 1 at the very top gives more of an impression of the turning of the wheel when you look at it. We are pausing to reflect in this place, but even now the wheel is in motion, and the number layout feels like a reminder of that. However, I think there's no reason why the first card can't be at the top of the wheel and the spread goes around from there, if that feels right to you. There may be others who are thinking the same thing! So I think we should all do what feels right for us in laying out our wheel :)

Thanks for asking this question Carojulie! I wondered the same thing myself. I noticed the yule spread was laid out the same way, so I didn't bother asking, but I was glad you did. Thanks for the great answer too RavenofSummer! That makes perfect sense now! I'll lay my cards in the same position too.

Now I just need to figure out the formatting to make my spread post pretty like some of you have done! šŸ˜

Prism

I would love to join you all. I think I'll crack open my Daniloff.

Scarlet Woodland

Just signed up! I don't have the room to keep a 12 card spread out for that long, but I'll try to look at the spread as a whole on the last day. I'll be using the Prisma Visions, because the colors are so summery to me (even with the dark blue cards and the seasonal minors) and I just love using it for large spreads.

I'm in the same boat space wise :( Will just try to lay them out each time I draw a new card and keep them in order, in their own tarot bag inbetween. Can probably get away with leaving them out across my days off but will get growled at if I monopolise the space for too long :D

Disa

I'm really looking forward to this! I've decided to go with Chrysalis and not The Green Witch. After using The Green Witch for wee while, it's a very practical deck, and for me Chrysalis is much more spiritual, so I'll go with that. I haven't used it for ages too, so I'm glad I can get it out for such a special spread.

Love everyone's choice of decks too!

I don't have either of the decks you've mentioned, but the Green Witch was on my list to buy one day. I'm trying to decide between the Everyday Witch and the Spellcaster's Tarot. I haven't worked with either, but I'm leaning towards Spellcasters.

Mi-Shell

I would like to join the circle.:)
I will use my Greenwood Tarot.
Thank you!

RavenOfSummer

We start TOMORROW! So excited :cool4: It sounds like most people have either chosen their deck or have one they're leaning towards. Still today to decide :)

If anyone else has been thinking of joining, now is the time! Come on in- http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=275081 :)

CharlotteK

Ooh feeling excited about this. When are people doing their daily draw - morning or evening?

sweetcherise13

I'm going to do my draws in the mornings mainly since it's my quiet time of the day.
I found a way to protect my spread over 12 days. I had a nice size piece of glass that I'm covering it with in the center of my dining room table. :)

I'm ready! :)

EmpyreanKnight

It's already the morning of the 14th here. I usually perform my daily draws in the evening since my mornings are usually hectic. Until later then! I can't wait. :)