Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

Onaorkal

I really don't know why I hadn't have a look at this thread before haha! I'm glad I did! Just in time phew :)

I still need to choose my deck but otherwise I'm all set and ready!

Luxa

So excited, today's the first day!

I've pulled my first card. My plan is to draw the card in the morning and do the write up at night and hopefully do some processing during the day. So I'll update my reading now with the card, and do the interpretation later on.

I don't have the space, so like some others, i'll put the card back in with the deck and just lay it out every morning. I'll take pictures too. After I've removed the cards in the spread, I plan to shuffle the deck every day.

I really like the magnetic board idea, I'll have to look into that for the future!

CharlotteK

I decided to make my draw quickly this morning. Time is scarce in the mornings with the school run and a commute, but I thought I would then at least have all day to reflect on it and post my interpretation in the evening.

BlueDragonfly

I'm In! Just in the nick of time! *phew* Thank You RavenOf Summer! This looks like a wonderful way to celebrate the Solstice and opposite side of the Wheel, and I feel like I'll be learning alot from it.

I think I'm going with Waking the Wild Spirit as my deck choice. There's something very summery about it to me.

I love the idea of creating an altar space for it, and I think I'm going to clear off and cleanse my bedroom desk for this spread and a permanent altar space......I don't know why I've never thought if this before!

Well, now that my day's plan has been upended by new/fun tasks, I'm off to get started.

EmpyreanKnight

I'm In! Just in the nick of time! *phew* Thank You RavenOf Summer! This looks like a wonderful way to celebrate the Solstice and opposite side of the Wheel, and I feel like I'll be learning alot from it.

I think I'm going with Waking the Wild Spirit as my deck choice. There's something very summery about it to me.

I love the idea of creating an altar space for it, and I think I'm going to clear off and cleanse my bedroom desk for this spread and a permanent altar space......I don't know why I've never thought if this before!

Well, now that my day's plan has been upended by new/fun tasks, I'm off to get started.

I remember you, BlueDragonfly. You're the host of the Sacred Days of Yule reading group, right? Glad to see you hop aboard this one. :)

BlueDragonfly

I remember you, BlueDragonfly. You're the host of the Sacred Days of Yule reading group, right? Glad to see you hop aboard this one. :)

Yep, that's me! I've been away for a few months, overloaded with work/life. Taking some time off to get my headspace back and this is perfect for me right now. :)

stclair

Lovely idea, just got in under the wire!
New to the forums, I'm getting back to tarot after a time away and much is flowing back. Horizons are expanding!
Thanks RavenofSummer. I'll do the first draw tonight with Pagan Otherworlds.

RavenOfSummer

Yay, BlueDragonfly! So glad to see you here!! :)

Lovely idea, just got in under the wire!
New to the forums, I'm getting back to tarot after a time away and much is flowing back. Horizons are expanding!
Thanks RavenofSummer. I'll do the first draw tonight with Pagan Otherworlds.

Welcome stclair!

RavenOfSummer

Well it's the first day of our reading and I'm so excited! Happy Sacred Days of Midsummer everyone! Already enjoying reading what people have shared so far about their Day 1 experience.

I wanted to share a poem as we dive into our reading:

Summer Solstice Coming

There is no time to waste.
The Solstice is coming.
Go out under the sun, let it ripen you with the strawberries.
Seek the healing herbs that grow strong in its light.
Touch your hands to the trees that call us to the season.
The Solstice is coming-
the days are long and the nights are filled with power.
Let yourself be warmed.
Shed layers, listen to the songs of the birds,
walk in the resonance of wild leaves.
Greet your own being under the sun
and know possibility.
The Solstice is coming.
Now is the time to blossom.

Will be back later to update my reading post! :)

Carojulie

Hello !

I am so excited about this spread :)

I finally chose the Stella's tarot. It was not even in my short list, but my secret deck has not arrived through the mail yet, and I suddenly remembered that I had this beautiful Stella's tarot, with joyful colors, soft and warm like a midsummer breeze.... so that is the deck I am using, finally. It's soft, accurate, beautiful, has a soft feminine vibe, and the cards are not too big wich is great for a large spread like this one.

I have cleared my reading table, set beautiful scented candles and incense.... I dont always use "ritual settings" for reading, but this time the spread deserves a little decorum, and I love it when I have a good reason to light incense and candles.
I have candles for fire, incense for air, a beautiful shell for water, and many crystals for earth.
I am resolving the kids and cats problem by setting the cards on the table and blocking them with crystals. I have gotten out some of my heaviest crystals, for that occasion.

Right now, my deck rests in the middle of the soon to be circle, weighted down by a large green aventurine (I love this stone, the lucky stone :)
On my first card (Judgement) I am laying a citrin point, to weight it down (and to infuse it with yellow citrin lucky joyous vibe, it wont hurt !)

I had to wait until most of the family went upstairs for sleeping time, in order to have a few calm moments for myself in the sitting room (my reading table is in the sitting room, not the calmest room in the house, but I have a big family so quietness is a rare thing here)
I bet my readings will occur either in the morning (if I am up before everyone, not always likely), or later in the evening.

Namaste to all, enjoy your first day ! Much love :)