Help.

gregory

You know - one thing that is actually fun and stress-free is to pull a card at the end of the day - look at the picture (don't worry about book learning for this one) and see how it fits how your day was. Was it sunny; is the image in sunshine ? Were there too many people around - is there a crowd on the card ? Was someone ignoring you - is someone on the card looking away ?

That kind of thing. I actually most read this way anyway - but it can be startling how often what I get from the PICTURE matches what you'd find in the book.

Trogon

Memorizing is what I will start with. Maybe just memorizing one meaning about the card first then add on later hopefully. What about me using index cards to learn them by memory? Or is that a bit much? Lol. Thank you for the book recommendations! Will be adding these to the list of the books that I need to go check out! And I also will be looking at thirteen's tarot card meaning and the introduction card meanings. And with a journal I have about 5 notebooks sitting around so will finally put them to use. I Dont mind how long this is, I'm just glad you replied with tips and such! Thank you!

I would say, instead of making index cards for study ... use the Tarot cards themselves. Essentially, when you're studying the cards using any of the methods folks have already mentioned, that's what you're doing. When you pull a card, you're going to be bringing the meanings to mind, if you can't recall certain things about it, or want more info, look in your book. ;)

In general I have no confidence with anything. I second guess myself a lot. I wonder when gaining confidence with tarot will I be gaining confidence in all aspect of my life? Hmm...

Well, after you've learned the cards a bit and want to try some more advanced readings, you can start doing self readings about this. I have found that the Tarot is a great tool for helping myself to understand myself. :D

And, when you're ready to start doing some readings beyond your daily card pulls, the Tarot Spreads Forum is a great place to find explanations on various spreads.

But don't forget to come on to AT for help and encouragement. As you're already finding out, there is a wealth of knowledge here.

greenandroses

You know - one thing that is actually fun and stress-free is to pull a card at the end of the day - look at the picture (don't worry about book learning for this one) and see how it fits how your day was. Was it sunny; is the image in sunshine ? Were there too many people around - is there a crowd on the card ? Was someone ignoring you - is someone on the card looking away ?

That kind of thing. I actually most read this way anyway - but it can be startling how often what I get from the PICTURE matches what you'd find in the book.
Wow. Thank you! I have to try this. It seems fun!! I'm so glad I wrote in this forum!