Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

lunalafey

maria42airam said:
Please feel free to steer me in the right direction if I’m lost.
LOL- good luck- it's the blind leading the blind in here!
I think I mentioned it here- if not- this spread is new to me even though I developed it. This is the second time I have used it. So I'm learing along with the rest of ya- except on the tech part....
I want to THANK EVERYONE for taking a ride on this twisty wheel so I can see the in's and out's of this spread. Everyone has their own style and approach and I need to see that for this spread to better understand it's potential.

First question! Did we switch from starting in Scorpio to starting in Sagittarius because we passed Nov. 22nd?

The Sun moved from Scorpio- when the first wave pulled the cards
-- to Sagittarius when you and second wave pulled cards.
{refer to second post up from here- sample birthday throw for my daughter}

Logic behind that- The Sun has it's stellar influences on 'this moment' in time.
Working with the Sun signs energy at the time of the draw of the cards just seemed to make sense to me. I mean- why throw out a card into an Aries position if it's in the middle of Fall?

SO- For Annual reading
Moongold- even with your time period starting point being different- you will still start with the 4 of Cups in Capricorn as your first house card

MoonCat and Maria; you two are both Leo risings - so start there,
mooncat's Page of Cups and maria's 10 of Cups-

OhMi!!!!
Alot of Cups in our first houses!!! {gonna go look at the stats on that- interesting!}

Mooncat- you say you want to start with Capricorn- Are you meaning for the time period starting on the Winter Solstice- until January?
So when you say capricorn, your doing the month by month way of reading?
or are you starting with the 5th house bcause the fools there? :D

maria42airam

whiteraven said:
Is there anywhere to go about the Court Cards?

In Tarot Decoded by Elizabeth Hazel, the following Zodiacal attributions are given for some of the Court Cards:

..................Queens........................Knights............................Kings
Wands.......Pisces/Aries.................Cancer/Leo................Scorpio/Sagittarius
Cups.........Gemini/Cancer...............Libra/Scorpio.............Aquarius/Pisces
Swords......Virgo/Libra...................Capricorn/Aquarius.....Taurus/Gemini
Pentacles...Sagittarius/Capricorn.....Aries/Taurus...............Leo/Virgo

It states "The Princesses aren't mature enough to own Zodiacal property but are in the process of learning to serve the other cards."

In Understanding the Tarot Court by Mary K. Greer & Tom Little, the attributes for the Queens, Knights and King are the ones I've bolded in the chart above. For the Pages, it gives the following:

Page of Wands: Cancer, Leo, Virgo
Page of Cups: Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius
Page of Swords: Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
Page of Pentacles: Aries, Taurus, Gemini

Melvis

That is a good question, WhiteRaven, because I was wondering the same thing! I thought about using those associations that they use with the Thoth deck (?) where the King of Cups would be the "Air of Water" in terms of elements, the Queen of Cups would be the "Water of Water" etc. I don't know if it really is the Thoth that considers the Courts this way and I don't know if I'm saying it right, but those associations made a strange kind of sense to me.

I think I saw on one website where it said the Court Cards are basically ignored in terms of Astrology. Although, I swear I saw a diagram that showed the Courts in the center of the Zodiac, with the Pip cards around them, etc. I can't find that diagram again, though!

Anyway, I'm rambling...I'd be interested to hear others' plans for the Courts!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

WhiteRaven

maria42airam said:
In Tarot Decoded by Elizabeth Hazel, the following Zodiacal attributions are given for some of the Court Cards:

..................Queens........................Knights............................Kings
Wands.......Pisces/Aries.................Cancer/Leo................Scorpio/Sagittarius
Cups.........Gemini/Cancer...............Libra/Scorpio.............Aquarius/Pisces
Swords......Virgo/Libra...................Capricorn/Aquarius.....Taurus/Gemini
Pentacles...Sagittarius/Capricorn.....Aries/Taurus...............Leo/Virgo

It states "The Princesses aren't mature enough to own Zodiacal property but are in the process of learning to serve the other cards."

In Understanding the Tarot Court by Mary K. Greer & Tom Little, the attributes for the Queens, Knights and King are the ones I've bolded in the chart above. For the Pages, it gives the following:

Page of Wands: Cancer, Leo, Virgo
Page of Cups: Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius
Page of Swords: Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
Page of Pentacles: Aries, Taurus, Gemini

This is GREAT!!! Thanks Maria...

Melvis...I'll be using both. I'm not familar with the 'Thoth' so another dumb question of the day...If Kings are Air and Queens are Water then what are Knights and Pages?

Thanks ..

:)

Moongold

Luna -

Hope I am understandign this correctly.

For the annual throw. I'm looking at the Houses as fields of experience showing what issues - positive and negative - might be present in my life over the next year.

For the month by month reading, I draw cards which indicate what might happen? Is that correct?

A slight worry line appears on Moongold's brow :)

mooncat2

So when you say capricorn, your doing the month by month way of reading?
or are you starting with the 5th house bcause the fools there?

Yes, I want to start my monthly readings on Dec 21 this year - 6th house Capricorn - Fool.

Hello, Kate & Maria - good to more participants to struggle through with. Have enjoyed your posts.

Kate - I have read that those with Venus in the 1st have a certain physical beauty? :)

Moongold

mooncat2 said:
Kate - I have read that those with Venus in the 1st have a certain physical beauty? :)

Perhaps in a former life? Hahahaha :)

I do love things of beauty.

Moongold

WhiteRaven ~

I was wondering why you have chose more than one card for each of the Houses in the spread?

I tend to be as thick as a brick about some things and I wondered if I had missed something - highly probable. :)