Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

lunalafey

Moongold [i said:
For the annual throw. I'm looking at the Houses as fields of experience showing what issues - positive and negative - might be present in my life over the next year.
[/i]Correct....
For the month by month reading, I draw cards which indicate what might happen? Is that correct?
Same cards still in the same signs- but now they are read as astrological months and not houses. It's kinda like turning the lense on a microscope- your going from 80 power to 160...

Here's a sampler from the cards I pulled last year- read by astro-pro dadsnook-

ANNUAL-
Fourth House:-SAG- Star, Rx. Hope and generosity of spirit are depressed. There is little at the moment to use as a basis of planning. Will legal action or some form of go-between agent be able to help? Hope is never eliminated, just diminished in some areas.

Fifth House: Hermit, Rx.-CAP- Seeking help is not easy to accomplish. Many seem reluctant to get involved. The opposition to Death/11th indicates that some form of transformation has to be faced: can your view of your partner and his needs be modified, can his demands be changed by logic and reasoning?

Sixth House: Queen of Wands.-AQU- Be assured that your role as a hard working and steadfast parent will stand any scrutinization. Stay true to this queen’s symbology.

Month 2 Month
Star Rx, for Nov-Dec -SAG-. Despair and powerlessness mark the assessment of your problem. Lots of commiseration but little positive direction is available. But hope and answers can be found in spite of the magnitude of the problem.

Hermit Rx, for Dec-Jan -CAP-. This period seems to mark a futile or slow-to-succeed search for appropriate help. The Hermit’s lantern will find a way to pierce the dark, bringing that little ray of hope (from the Star) to lead to an answer — Hermit Rx may not provide an instant answer. Patience.

Queen of Wands, for Jan-Feb -AQU-. A plan is adopted, resources are put in place, there is a path of progress that can now be managed that will lead to a sense of relief.

same cards in the same place- just one card

RE: COURT CARDS-
I have my own knight-queen-king-sign association that I made by sitting with them and found what sign seemed to suit them. Pages are any or all of the signs. I found that they are quite right on when in reference to an actual person. Try finding your own.

Moongold

I think I get it now, although I have not gone about it in quite the same way as you, it seems to be working for me.

What I have not done so far is consider the astrological assignations of the Tarot cards themselves but I'll do that as we go.

Luna, it's definitely proving to be a powerful spread :)

maria42airam

Help! :) I've read through the other threads and I see a lot of similarities in people's approach but also a lot of differences. I want to understand how much and which things I need to consider at this point.

For example, For house 1:

1st House – Leo – Strength / 10 of Cups / Sun - The Sun

Leo: 10 of Cups (Uranus, Ascendant)
----
In addition to the meaning of the 10 of Cups, I need to take into consideration the meaning of House 1, the sign of Leo and it's ruler: the SUN, the influences of having Uranus and my Ascendant in Leo, the meaning of the Strength and The SUN cards. Is this correct?

Do I also take into consideration the sign and planet ruling House 1?

How about the zodiacal attributions of the 10 of cups?

I noticed at least one person was looking at the elemental and numerological attributions. Is this part of it, or something extra for the advanced folks?

And I have absolutely no idea what to make of all those degrees and conjunctions (I think I need a book here!). I see them on my chart but I don't understand them yet.

So how much of this should I tackle this first time? Please be gentle but give it to me straight! :)

WhiteRaven

Maria...the numerology is because I like playing with numbers...

The orb = degrees stuff is just my own personal sticky note ...something to do...I was bored? LOL....I got right into it and finished pretty fast...so don't pay attention to me...I'm being the black sheep right now...way off in some gawd forsaken, dried up field, totally delusional.....

go by the formula...it's the easiest way...don't pay attention to the house ruler itself...for instance...it's not Aries in house 1 anymore, it's your ASC...I had stuck Aries influence in my first house and Luna tapped me ever so gently on my knuckles and said NO...lol

mooncat2

Maria,

The best advice I can give you is to keep it simple. Use what you understand and work from there.
I am keeping my posts very simple while still taking notes that I may use later.I've studied both numerology and astrology a little so I'm taking these things into account but not posting a lot of it. Instead I am keeping a journal and will add to it as I go along.

Go with what you know - we are going to be working with this for months and you can always add to it. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, as they say, and can lead you astray.

If you are stuck feel free to ask for advice.
In addition to the meaning of the 10 of Cups, I need to take into consideration the meaning of House 1, the sign of Leo and it's ruler: the SUN, the influences of having Uranus and my Ascendant in Leo, the meaning of the Strength and The SUN cards. Is this correct?
Thats correct and it seems a lot but just take one thing at a time.
Do I also take into consideration the sign and planet ruling House 1?
You've already addressed that question above - Leo / Sun

How about the zodiacal attributions of the 10 of cups?
Mars in Pisces

Elementally you have conflict here - water/fire. Same as mine Page Cups/Leo.

Forget the aspects - degrees and stuff - you don't need them yet - they are interesting and add depth so if you want help ...just call.

Moongold

I am trying to keep it simple as well: taking into account House and Sign and their meanings. Also the role of the planet/s in each sign. I am beginning to understand some new astrological stuff for me. This is about dispositors of energy. The planet that rules the sign actually goversn any planets within that sign and when a planet rules another planet it becomes the dispositor of that planets energy. For example in my chart, Saturn rules te first three houses, including the "planets" in them - Venus and Pisces. However the Sun is dispositor to my Saturn, so Saturn must defer to my Sun in terms of using its energy. I didn't know that before doing this exercise and it changes my perspective a lot.

I am simply looking at the influences arising out of each configuration and what impact /relationship the tarot card might have on this. I can see where there are profound elemental conflicts but I am not speaking to much about those because they have quite personal meanings. My understanding was that we were doing this xercixe simply to get an overall picture.

This means that the annual reading simply picks out themes we may have to face all year. The houses and the signs are stable - they don't change. The movement of planets around the Sun is the change agent. Looking at that month by month will be hard and interesting

Does this make sense to any of you? I did not quite understand what Maria and WhiteRaven had done with that formula thing and I still don't really. I missed the formulat at the beginning.

I am not posting much about what it means to me personally because I think that is personal. Some of you have had a look at what I have done. Does it make sense to you? It does to me but I hope I'm not deluded (7 Cups in the 4th House - there is certainly conflict here.).

Phoenix Rising

Hi Guys,
Unless everyone knows alot about astrology, the complicated stuff by including our own birth natal chart to this tarot spread can be very mind boggling. Remember the "KISS" Keep it simple stupid. Well that's me Simple.

So as far as I know about this spread are 3 things
1. First house begins in the sign of our rising sign-
Question: What if the client or person we're reading for doesn't know what time they are born?

2.Then it is read month by month.

3.Then we look for aspects in combination with other cards.

Although this is a astrology spread, I think it would be easier to just stick to the spread. But for the advanced astrologers well I'm totally lost when you guys start talking this planet and that house etc, when in conjunction with your birth charts.
As I would like to do this spread for others, but I or they won't all have knowledge of their birth charts..So what do you say guys one step at a time?

lunalafey

Maria-
We have ALL year to study this spread :D To start, do keep it simple.
Work with the house & the card at first. You can also pick out obvious numerology points like; 3 of Swords in the 3rd house...and that is just one tiny example of all the little strange connections that can be found.
{I'll get into that later after all my houses are up}
Then you can add the influence of the houses sign (your natal house signs) and the Major Arcana cards that are associated later.
Natal chart and progressions..... getting deeper....

I'm sort of at a place like mooncat. I keep looking and seeing and writing.
Once I get my stuff organised and posted you will see how these 'shadow' cards just seem to intensify the results that came from the simple reading draft. It's like a reinforcement of what I read on the surface.
Shadow cards, as I have come to call them, are the Majors that belong to the signs & planets....
but I'm not happy with that lable, any suggestions?

Question: What if the client or person we're reading for doesn't know what time they are born?

Go with the Sun sign if the are male and Moon sign if they are female???

Moongold- Your approach is the most different (to me) and I'm looking at it carefully because of that....It's very interesting and seems to flow nicely.

maria42airam

Thank you all! I really appreciate your responses. I feel quite a bit better already. :)

I think what I'll do (since I'm starting from scratch here) is to use one of the web-pages that was posted about Houses and the card, to start with as was suggested above, and move through all the Houses like that. Then I can go back and add the sign/ruler into each House, etc. Then I'll feel like I'm making some progress at least!

WhiteRaven

Question here....

I'm doing someone else's right now and I've come up with the strangest combo and now quite sure how to interp it.

In the 12th House..(that lovely house that I so much adore..) This person has the following

12th House:

Aquarius - The Star / The Fool / Uranus - The Fool

Now..what the heck is this trying to say? And yes Luna...I'm also looking at it as the start of the person's year when the Sun is in Aquarius.

Any input folks?

No natal influence is envolved.