Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

WhiteRaven

Some of you that will be doing the "Astrology Twist Month to Month" might find the following link useful.

Timing Events in Tarot Readings

It's intertwined with Astrology.

WalesWoman

Ah HA! SuperTarot !!!! that's where I tried to figure out the correspondence for the courts, and finally understood why certain cards were referred to as the Water of Fire, or Fire of Air, which to me would mean Queen of Wands or Ace Swords, maybe. I've been looking at elements for a long time but this finally made the light bulb go off in understanding what it might actually be about.

It also for me helps the blending of signs and their ruling planets or the elements in the houses if I look at them as a combination of elements and all that. It's like getting the feeling of what it is about...this isn't making sense, sorry.

All the degree stuff I've just added because I figured someone out there might actually know or care what it means, I know I don't and don't care that I don't. (I'm just trying not to omitt anything and cover the bases) I'm also including a whole lot more than I most likely need to, but maybe it will help other people understand where I came up with my conclusion. I don't think I would ever do this spread like this for anyone else, just draw a card for the houses and say "Good enough!"

Interesting about Melvis and I, there are 10 years between us, but some similarities for interests, I'm too independant for cats and always need to jump up as soon as one gets comfortable in my lap, we just don't see eye to eye about house plants or garden plots either. I've known another woman for over 20 years, we have the same birthday, same year, different times and different birthplaces and we have similar lives but aren't anything alike. Except for the gap in our front teeth and blue eyes and lived 1/4 mile apart with fishermen husbands, but this was a fishing community of 50 people. The real trip is that we both ended up there.

Phoenix Rising

I was just thinking last nite. If I or the querent didn't know what their Ascendant or moon sign was, the other option then would lay the cards out in it's normal manner..Starting with the month Sunsign was in...then just read the cards starting in the First house of Aries. But to just let the cards know what was expected of them, before hand. I know I've got this hangup of Aries being the first house etc, but what other choice do I have when we don't have the information. Or do we read the house in which sunsign they were born. I know you said that females moon sign should be the first house...but we might not have this information either.

I know of a reader who uses this spread only, she's been doing it for years. Although she uses Cartouche cards. She will use it for a week or 3 month or 2 year readings. She has had brilliant success with it. Although she just uses the Traditional first house in Aries etc.

lunalafey

phoenix- didn't you ask about the lack of birthtime earlier? some one did...
I suggested that for a man one could put the sun sing into the first house and for a woman put her moon sign into the first house.

WalesWoman, mixing just the elements is so simple and yet brings out some interesting things.
I personally have my own system of signs that fit the courts- but in Mary Greer's book 'Tarot for Yourself' she also associates the courts with two elements...
For the courts "fire of water" stuff,
Fire represents Kings
Water is Queens
Air is Knights
and pages are Earth
the or part is the element of the suit.

Aspects- or degrees in the chart is something that is just an added bonus. I keep to noting such degrees where they are very obvious.
Once I'm done with mine (three more houses) I will show you some of the oppositions that are interesting and what they mean to me.

Phoenix Rising

Hi Lunalafey
Yes I did ask about that earlier. And sorry for being a pain about it. But we still have to find out the Moon Sign! And if we didn't have access to the Moon sign tables, what other option can I do?

lunalafey

having a full natal may be a problem for some people, but one can get an ephemeris if the don't have daily access to a computer. Getting a persons moon sign is easier that getting thier birthtime if that totally unknown.
but yes! if all else fails EVERYONE knows thier sun sign
{not being a pest at all- posts get hidden when there's alot going on, repeating is good for not missing something}

Another thing mentioned was the simularities between those with the same astological placement. White Raven & I come up with a bit of the same message and Wales Woman has expressed the common things between her and Melvis.
This is something I'd like to get into later.

WalesWoman

Luna!!!
Raising my hand to ask a silly question...maybe. I'm working on the 7th House and found out it is the Decendant...which for me is 7 Cancer 8'55". Uranus was 25 (degrees?)Cancer 39'34" according to the box on the side of the main natal chart, but I don't see any planets in my 7th House. What am I not seeing? No big deal...since it's one of those long term planet/generational ones.

This is where I'm getting confused I think, since Libra is my natal ascendant and is the ruler of the 7th house...which is also the house of the natal descendant... it's another contrary or polarity or opposition...which sort of starts making sense...this will be a year of opposing forces needing to be under some sort of control and 2005 is my Chariot year. It's trippy having the Chariot for a descendant, the 7th sign falling in the 7th House and the Chariot also showed up in this spread...under Virgo, the 12th House in this spread.

But you can't believe the stuff I'm coming up with having an 8 Cups, which on one site is sort of like a Pisces/ Moon/World combo falling in Airies/Emperor/Mars. I am very much not looking forward to this period of time I think...just imagining how tempers seem to flare up in impatience for spring to really kick in after stewing all winter long. Part of this looks postive since the Venus/Empress/Libra/Justice are the natural rulers of the 7th House. It's becoming a mathematical mushroom. I'm not freaking or complaining, just sort of blown away by what it is revealing and I've got pages of stuff to wade through...so if I'm slow...it's not because I'm losing interest...just bogged down a bit.

Loving difficulty (not really, but I always seem to do things the hard way, 5 Wands is my other middle name) I've been comboing Empress/Libra aspects with the Aries/Pisces and now Cancer. I am so dreading my 11th House or the 10th House...it has almost every darn planet in the universe sitting there and may take me until it's time to do this again before I finish.

It does make for long drawn out readings and I'll bet I could probably just look at the darn cards and get pretty much the same meaning, but this is very interesting and does bring up things I might not have thought about or looked at in this way.

I realized I really haven't asked a question so much as needing... a clue on how to read this?

WhiteRaven

Why do I get this feeling that I'm missing a really BIG chunk in my Twist????

Phoenix Rising

Why do I get this feeling that I'm missing a really BIG chunk in my Twist????

Hehehe...Yes i know what you mean! When it comes to Natal chart interpreting I'm lost in the dark.

I've had a really creative week, all these ideas coming into my head. In the last 4 days, I've had 2 business ideas, ideas for a training programme, Wrote out my own "Playing card interpretations" and Idea for a novel project. Only trouble is putting them all into action.

And my card for this month is "Empress" so there you go! I also notice that it's trine to "Emperor" in my first house, and Aries being my Sun Sign too. So alot of action, action this coming year.

WalesWoman

You probably aren't...missing anything. I go to Bill Heidricks site and he lists correlations and meanings for the Major combo's and then if you scroll down for a long, long time, you get to his meanings and combo's for the minors. Then I go to the astro-numerological site and look at the signs in each of the planets... if the majors make two sign/combos then I look at the signs ruling planet meaning. So you can get a couple different meanings or several for all of them. It's expotentially mind boggling.
Here's those links again... just in case you haven't got enough to do or worry about. LOL

http://www.astrology-numerology.com/insigns.html
http://billheidrick.com/works/tarotdiv.htm
This is what he says for 8 Cups
EIGHT OF CUPS

Like the Five of Cups, but more positive. Also the card of the Thief. This card warns against making plans or promises. A successful situation will become intolerable. Like the World and the Moon in some respects.

So if you scroll back up the page there are different but similar meaning for a World/Moon combo
Hard times promote togetherness.
A good time to join a group

or Moon/World combo
A need to join with others for
mutual protection. Good omen for starting a society or
club. Also national bad times.

This also translates to Pisces/Saturn so I look up the meaning for that on the astro-numerlogy site.
Saturn in Pisces produces a sensitivity in your dealing with world at large. When making your way in the world, you may feel vulnerable and defenseless. This a depressive placement that can make you feel a little paranoid sometimes, often looking on the dark side of a situation rather than the bright side. You may sometimes feel like you are a victim of circumstances or a martyr of sorts. If properly channeled, your sensitive side can be a plus. The productive aspect of this placement is in the ability to exercise compassion in society with a pragmatic approach. Your road to success may be in the artistic, spiritual, or even the psychic. Religious beliefs may be the cornerstone of your life, filling a need for structure and security. Your test in life may be one of developing confidence in your innate abilities. You may need to learn to trust and get in touch with your subconscious. The source of your creativity may be hidden there.

See what I mean...this is just for 8 Cups!!! Which is much more encouraging that thinking in a few months someone or me is going to turn their back on this relationship and bag it. Am I doing this right or am I twisting in the dark???