Progressing Moon

le.jour.obscurcit

Hey guys!

Well, my progressing moon is currently going through Taurus and my sixth house, and there's an operation that I could have (but is not exactly necessary) and so I'm wondering if my Moon progressing the sixth house indicates that maybe I should get the operation?

franniee

le.jour.obscurcit said:
Hey guys!

Well, my progressing moon is currently going through Taurus and my sixth house, and there's an operation that I could have (but is not exactly necessary) and so I'm wondering if my Moon progressing the sixth house indicates that maybe I should get the operation?

You didn't give us enough info. :)

How did you figure it is your sixth house? Did you compute your ascendant or is it based on your sun sign? I see you are a sag. What type of operation is it? Is it on your throat or neck or voice? Where is your natal moon?

BTW the moon transits each sign in a couple of days... can you schedule the op that fast?

Minderwiz

franniee said:
You didn't give us enough info. :)

BTW the moon transits each sign in a couple of days... can you schedule the op that fast?

Well we're talking of the progressed Moon here. I assume it's SECONDARY Progressions LJO was referring too. The Secondary Progressions are based on the principle of a 'day for a year' , So the Progressed Moon is actually much slower than you might expect, taking about 2 years to progress through a house.

However franniee is right, there isn't enough info, because we don't know whether you've progressed the Ascendant and if so what method you used. BUT the position of the progressed Moon is one of the LAST things we should be considering.

Before we get that far (if at all) we need to consider the Natal chart and the Solar Return Charts for this year, last year and even next year to get some idea of the best timing for the surgery. It's also likely that we would narrow down the timing using Lunar returnsand having identifies one or two likely timings then we could look at the Secondary progressed Moon and also any transits during the periods under consideration.

If you had complete freedom to control the timing of the surgery, you could do an election. However you don't so any chosen timing is very unlikely to come to pass.

There's also other things to consider, the surgeon and the proposed surgery. Is the surgeon competent at the proposed time and is the proposed surgery efficacious.

The sixth is used to diagnose the illness and also track it, but the Physician is seventh House and the medication/procedures are 10th House. Given that it's surgery, the condition of Mars in whichever chart is used to make the final decision is also important.

le.jour.obscurcit

You didn't give us enough info.

How did you figure it is your sixth house? Did you compute your ascendant or is it based on your sun sign? I see you are a sag. What type of operation is it? Is it on your throat or neck or voice? Where is your natal moon?

Sorry! Would you like me to post the links for my Natal, Progressed and Transits charts?

I figured out it was in my sixth house by looking at my progressed chart (on astro.com), and the transiting Moon seems to be in my sixth house atm too.

Well we're talking of the progressed Moon here. I assume it's SECONDARY Progressions LJO was referring too. The Secondary Progressions are based on the principle of a 'day for a year' , So the Progressed Moon is actually much slower than you might expect, taking about 2 years to progress through a house.

Yeah I know. :) My progressed moon has been in my sixth house since about April last year.

However franniee is right, there isn't enough info, because we don't know whether you've progressed the Ascendant and if so what method you used.

Yeah, my progressed Moon has moved past my ascendant. (I was born with my Moon in Libra, 11th house)

BUT the position of the progressed Moon is one of the LAST things we should be considering.

Before we get that far (if at all) we need to consider the Natal chart and the Solar Return Charts for this year, last year and even next year to get some idea of the best timing for the surgery. It's also likely that we would narrow down the timing using Lunar returns and having identifies one or two likely timings then we could look at the Secondary progressed Moon and also any transits during the periods under consideration.

Oooh! This is very interesting! Thank you :)

If you had complete freedom to control the timing of the surgery, you could do an election. However you don't so any chosen timing is very unlikely to come to pass.

There's also other things to consider, the surgeon and the proposed surgery. Is the surgeon competent at the proposed time and is the proposed surgery efficacious.

Well, I actually had a dream about the surgeon being some fool who didn't know what he was doing! :O

The sixth is used to diagnose the illness and also track it, but the Physician is seventh House and the medication/procedures are 10th House. Given that it's surgery, the condition of Mars in whichever chart is used to make the final decision is also important.

This is very interesting! I've learnt something new.. I didn't even realise a chart could be interpreted in this way.

So would you like me to post my birth details, or my charts? Whichever would be easier?

Thank you franniee and Minderwiz :)

Minderwiz

Well the easiest thing is to post your natal details:

time
date
place

All other charts are based on those, except election charts and even they would need the information as background.

However there's a lot of work involved in the process, so I guess the most you can expect is pointing in the right direction and some help on queries.

le.jour.obscurcit

Minderwiz said:
Well the easiest thing is to post your natal details:

time
date
place

All other charts are based on those, except election charts and even they would need the information as background.

However there's a lot of work involved in the process, so I guess the most you can expect is pointing in the right direction and some help on queries.

Okay then, thanks :)

4.40 am
18th of December, 1992
Sunshine, Victoria, Australia.

Thank you again!

le.jour.obscurcit

Sorry for the bump.