The Blue Moon on December 31st

Ashtaroot

Minderwiz said:
I'm assuming you are referring to SMV's quotes from the website.

Go by your Sun sign.

For those who are interested in how such things are done, take your Sun sign and treat that as your first house (whether it is or not in fact) Then count forward in the direction of the Zodiac till you get to either Cancer or Capricorn. This is the axis of the eclipse and your count will tell you which house it falls in for your sign.

So I'm Sun sign Libra, that gives me Capricorn as fourth, and Cancer as tenth. The reading should have something to do with home and security, safety compared with the emotional stress of public life.

Two other examples:

For Taurus it would be third/ninth - travel beliefs and education
For Pisces it would be fifth/eleventh - friends colleagues and creativity

The house containing the eclipse is the source of stress or emotional issues, the house containing the Sun is the resolution of the issues - so for me it's relax at home to overcome that public stress. For a Pisces it's stress from a fifth house issues such as a creative project, or romance, which can impact on social behaviour and obligations to others (eleventh)

The situation is further tweaked by the square from Saturn (the Sun's ruler) and (from the author's perspective) the opposition of Pluto. I would have laid more emphasis on the Opposition from Venus which is conjunct the Sun and therefore combust. That would certainly have an impact on relationships, social behaviour, interaction with women, etc.

Thank you for posting this
it is really cool :D

214red

Minderwiz said:
For Taurus it would be third/ninth - travel beliefs and education
For Pisces it would be fifth/eleventh - friends colleagues and creativity

am i reading this right in my chart, i am cancerian and that rules my 4th house so it would affect my 4th and 10th?

i posted my chart here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=127900

i am interested because i am moving in jan/feb so am curious about the impact the blue moon will have

have attached my transits for the 31st

Attachments

• eclipse.gif
    eclipse.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 88

Minderwiz

As with all Sun sign columns, it assumes that people have the same Ascendant as their Sun sign, or perhaps more accurately that Houses are measured from the Sun sign (counting in whole signs, with the Sun sign as the first House).

To make it more personal, try using your own Ascendant as the starting point and look for the House containing the eclipsed Moon. In my case my Ascendant is 23 Leo so the eclipse lies in my eleventh House and the Sun is in my fifth. I could also modify the interpretation to allow for my natal planets and indeed progressed planets as well as the transiting ones (those in the eclipse chart).

For my wife the eclipse is quite important because it happens a couple of hours after her Solar Return (non precessed) A return which shares the same angles as her natal chart (with only a few degrees difference). So this could well be a momentous year for her!

Minderwiz

214red said:
am i reading this right in my chart, i am cancerian and that rules my 4th house so it would affect my 4th and 10th?

i posted my chart here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=127900

i am interested because i am moving in jan/feb so am curious about the impact the blue moon will have

Well in the website SMV quotes, you would take Cancer as your first House, so the issues would be first, seventh. Self against others. However if you want to personalise it, as per my post above, then it does shift to your fourth, tenth axis. Read the SMV summary as though you were an Aries, if you want to see what the predicition is for you.

However, better still, try and do your own self prediction using the fourth/tenth axis and your natal planets as well as the tranists.

A challenge I had when I took my Astrology course was to actually write a Sun sign column for a particular day. It's not easy, even though it is very general. A lot of professionals do it because it's a good earner - papers and magazines will pay quite a bit and usually the column is syndicated.

Elven

If Im right, I think the Sabian Symbol for this degree and Moon is Cancer 11 - A Clown is Caricaturing well-known Personalities.

Ok, is there an Obama Roast happening I dont know about? ;)

On a more serious note, this Symbol relates to: masking the reality of a situation, humour or deadpan responses, masquerades, hide and seek type games, entertaining and being entertained, fun at the expense of someone else, mimes and second guessing, a circus (metaphorically - which could be any place where you are), percieved reality versus actual reality, acting out senarios, expression, spotlights, putting on a performance.

Its seems very apt for New Year, and for some of the emotional energies which will be around.

Cheers
Elven x

214red

Minderwiz said:
Well in the website SMV quotes, you would take Cancer as your first House, so the issues would be first, seventh. Self against others. However if you want to personalise it, as per my post above, then it does shift to your fourth, tenth axis. Read the SMV summary as though you were an Aries, if you want to see what the predicition is for you.

However, better still, try and do your own self prediction using the fourth/tenth axis and your natal planets as well as the tranists.
i might just try that, i do have the Robert hand book on transits, and i brought a new one recently on predictive astrology (however it doesnt explain itself well i dont think)

i have pulled a natal with transits form astro.com fore 31st and will see what i can make out from there

thanks as usual

214red

Minderwiz said:
Which book on prediction did you buy?

I like Rob Hand, have you read the interview with him on Skyscript?

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/rhand.html

I brought The Art of Predictive Astrology: Forecasting Your Life Events by Carol Rushman, i think i have a gap in knowledge between natal and moving on to transits.
i have robert hands Planet in transit

Roberts book is a good reference when looking up individual transits so i think this will help, i just find it hard linking natal to transits...think i am missing a link.

perhaps you could recomend a book that might bridge the gap

i will try the skyscript, thanks!

Minderwiz

Rushman's book does have information on lunations and eclipses so that might help, she takes a fairly standard modern approach. If your looking for other texts Bernadette Brady's 'Predictive Astrology, The Eagle and the Lark' got a lot of good reviews and I've used it quite a bit. Again she has a chapter on eclipses. Brady is making increasing use of traditional approaches, but you will find she includes the outer planets (Plutoid and all). It's a bit more of a Saturn approach - structured, analytical and academic, which is an approach I like but doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone.

214red

Minderwiz said:
Rushman's book does have information on lunations and eclipses so that might help, she takes a fairly standard modern approach. If your looking for other texts Bernadette Brady's 'Predictive Astrology, The Eagle and the Lark' got a lot of good reviews and I've used it quite a bit. Again she has a chapter on eclipses. Brady is making increasing use of traditional approaches, but you will find she includes the outer planets (Plutoid and all). It's a bit more of a Saturn approach - structured, analytical and academic, which is an approach I like but doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone.

i was thinking about this book and also the planets in aspects by sue tompkins, i learn in a virgo like way, i want structure and i found that rushmans book was a bit light and washy for my liking

am loving the skyscript link also!

i think i might have a go at working on my eclipse chart, and also a friends chart and post it to see if i was anywhere near