TOADies Anonymous.

csmith0406

I failed :( I was supposed to last until end of June, a three month abstinence, and pledged to give away my Tabula Mundi if I lapsed. Well I did cave and ordered the Bohemian Gothic 3rd edition mini. But I'm reneging and am not going to give away my TM. I know, I pledged, but I can't go through with it. I did 6 weeks though, and it felt so much longer! Sorry TOADies, I am weak πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‚πŸ™„

Oh no! I failed today too, and am not giving up my Kitty Kahane either, so I don't blame you one bit for keeping your Tabula Mundi. That would be waay to much of a penalty.

I caved for I Naibi di Giovanni Vacchetta, the Il Menghello version. I had Tarot of the Master but sold it because the words in the borders annoyed me. But I missed the deck itself, so bought the Il Menghello.

Though I did not need it, and will only occasionally use it, so I can't explain why I couldn't have waited until August 1st.

I have been doing much better though, I sold or gave away about 20 decks total, and during that time bought three decks. So overall I'm ahead. And I do like my collection and even if I don't read with all the decks I do share the art with others through Twitter or just with friends. Though I'm kind of forcing my friends. :)

Thanks fellow Toadies! Maybe we need a 12 step program? :joke:

Julian Jaymes

Hello y'all, I'm Julian and I am powerless over my Amazon account. XD

I'm really proud of myself because I only had one Amazon order this month...progress! I currently do have a few things in my cart for next month but I am NOT going to click that final "place order" button until next month. Nope, not till then.

Of course that's only like a couple weeks away...I know I'm probably missing the point of this but I'm trying to at least buy less and spend money on important things instead. Like paying utilities. XD

I'm also going to be working on really bonding with my Tarot Mucha. :) I was watching a Kelly-Ann Maddox video about the importance of actually "getting to know" the decks you've bought, rather than just jumping to the next Amazon order, and I was inspired, so I'm gonna grab my Mucha (that I got this month and have barely touched...) and study with it a bit. :)

~JJ

Nemia

I have to quit the noble halls of the TOADIES. I dishonoured myself too many times. I'm a collector. I'd love to be a toadie but somehow, it just doesn't work. I'm greedy. Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa :-(

But then, new decks make me happy :)

EmpyreanKnight

11 brand new decks and a bundle of new books in less than 4 months is not really that bad when you come to think about it. I mean, I purchased so few last year, so I may be excused with this. Just one last splurge in late October and two big ones next year (one of them to complete the LS metallic decks line) and I think I'll be done for some time. It's all very rational, really.

G6

I have to quit the noble halls of the TOADIES. I dishonoured myself too many times. I'm a collector. I'd love to be a toadie but somehow, it just doesn't work. I'm greedy. Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa :-(

But then, new decks make me happy :)

Cute post, 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Ix Chel

I have to admit I am addicted on buying Tarot Books. I am always looking at books at the Llewellyn site and Amazon. I take my time for it. I investigate the reviews on this Forum, Amazon, Internet and YouTube. I also always check Google Books, to see more of the book. Luckily I am not buying impulsive, because I always think 1 or 2 weeks before I buy. Just to be sure if the book is worth it, and the answer is normally yes. And in this moment I am waiting for 3 books to arrive, because they will deserve a place in my Tarot Library. And I have to admit I already know what my next order will be.

I see that most forum members are addicted to Tarot Decks. And I was wondering, why I am not addicted. Well I have a theory about it, and it can sound pretty stupid, but who knows it can maybe help you. The most decks are inspired on RWS. For me is a deck based on the RWS deck, an RWS deck were there cards are more similar just looking different with other clothes. But I have to admit there are decks what are standing on my wish list. I look them up on YouTube, and you can see everything. And then I think, they are pretty, but the RWS deck is for me easier to read. And maybe I can find the prettiest cards of it, on the internet. So in short I look at them in a practical way, and not in an art way. Because at the end of the day, I will always use the RWS deck to read.

But still I am addicted to books. Because I always think that there is mentioned something, what I need to know. Maybe you will have an explanation why you are not addicted to the books what can help me. Thanks.

Booklioness

Fail. We were out of town visiting family while our house was being inspected by the buyers. My husband took me to Barnes & Noble and there it was. He said it was a stressful time and I deserved a treat..... At least it was only one?

G6

Fail. We were out of town visiting family while our house was being inspected by the buyers. My husband took me to Barnes & Noble and there it was. He said it was a stressful time and I deserved a treat..... At least it was only one?

Sounds like you have an enabler husband. πŸ˜‚

Booklioness

Sounds like you have an enabler husband. πŸ˜‚

Well, sort of.. he did ask how many I actually needed. I replied, "Technically? One." I think he was just in vacation mode. My Amazon/online lusting has been quenched, so that was an unexpected bonus. Once we move and settle in, I plan on taking time to really get to know each deck that I have. It will be like seeing them all over again as they are packed up.

Ix Chel

I had ordered a book, but unfortunately it is out of print. My wallet is happy, I am not happy.