Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Pub (h) Train leaves feb 11.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

NorthernTigress 

I will still be going to the Gig, come hell or high water. But right now I'm so stuffed up I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep. I've blown my nose hard enough to blow out my ears several times already. Goodness knows what will happen when I'm horizontal.
Top   #11
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Can you get some Olbas stuff? Or menthol based inhaling stuff? Or a neti pot? Neti pots are good!

I have some menthol & eucalyptus oil that I can burn, or menthol crystals that I add hot water to and inhale the steam. My mum used to put a blob of Vicks in a bowl, add piping hot water and then tell us to use a towel to make a tent over it, stick our heads in and inhale the steam. Worked wonders .

ETA - quick dog walk - back soon. But I know it's late for you, so won't be surprised if you disappear to bed!
Top   #12
Citizen

NorthernTigress 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
Can you get some Olbas stuff? Or menthol based inhaling stuff? Or a neti pot? Neti pots are good!

I have some menthol & eucalyptus oil that I can burn, or menthol crystals that I add hot water to and inhale the steam. My mum used to put a blob of Vicks in a bowl, add piping hot water and then tell us to use a towel to make a tent over it, stick our heads in and inhale the steam. Worked wonders .
Neti Pots scare the crap out of me. I don't have any inhalers right now, and I can't find any commercial NeoCitran (a hot liquid medicine). I think we got rid of it all in the move.
Top   #13
Citizen

Eyebright 

Aww get well soon NT

I hate beening poorly, and especially so close to your gig...
Top   #14
Citizen

NorthernTigress 

Okay, Big Mistake.

I am well-known for using things not for their intended purpose. So I tried rubbing some Peppermint Foot Creme under my nose. My breathing is a little clearer, but it is now very very obvious that the skin around my nose is sensitive from too much blowing.

In short, "ow, ow, ow. Sniff, snort. ow, ow, ow."
Top   #15
Citizen

Eyebright 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernTigress View Post
Okay, Big Mistake.

I am well-known for using things not for their intended purpose. So I tried rubbing some Peppermint Foot Creme under my nose. My breathing is a little clearer, but it is now very very obvious that the skin around my nose is sensitive from too much blowing.

In short, "ow, ow, ow. Sniff, snort. ow, ow, ow."
Oh my (((NT))) I bet that was/is very painful, do you have any vaseline you could apply first that won't hurt the broken skin, then you can apply menthol products over the top?
Top   #16
Citizen

NorthernTigress 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebright View Post
Oh my (((NT))) I bet that was/is very painful, do you have any vaseline you could apply first that won't hurt the broken skin, then you can apply menthol products over the top?
I'll see what I can find. Meanwhile, I think I will try to sleep while I can (sort of) breathe.

Later!
Top   #17
Citizen

EllieP 

Good god, I've caught your cold over here, NT. That must be a first. The transatlantic exchange or something. How does one suddenly get a cold in the night with no sore throat first? I'm never ill...
Have a good sleep if you can, NT. Me, I'll get on with my editing in case I get worse!
Morning Wu, hope the dog took you for a good walk.
That was excellent advice, Eyebright. Might need it myself!
Top   #18
Resident

Flaxen 

(((NT)))

I hate that feeling of sore red skin when you've got a cold. A few drops of peppermint or Tea Tree oil in a steaming boil of water can help and has the bonus of not being directly on the skin.

Morning, EllieP

Got up a bit later this morning, pulled my cards for the day and wrote on my blog. Quite productive so far. Now to get on with my other writing...
Top   #19
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Well, two happy dogs - and two happy us.

Cold, but thankfully no wind so it was lovely out and I really enjoyed it. Would have liked to be out longer but Poppy's missing hip was playing up so we've come home and I'll give them both their medicine.
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.