Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

Stormdancer

SherryZoned said:
I have 3 kids and no one coughing of course when I have something to try on them!! I hate using cough medicines when they are sick so I will definitely try it out....

LOL...I got this same e-mail and my naughty opporsitional teen had a cough. I tried and TRIED to get him to do it but to no avail...LOL...guess I'll just have to wait for one of the younger ones to get the inevitable cold.

Stormdancer

Stormdancer

I think I've found a cure for hiccups....an accupressure technique i think.

put your index fingers into your ears and hold them in there tight for at least 30 seconds. So far it's worked for a co-worker and my middle son...impressing both of them...LOL

Stormdancer

Stormdancer

My middle son has dandruff....bad flakiness. Dr's have recommended t'gel and the like shampoos but they arent working. I tried to get him to rinse with vinegar, but he says he smelled like a salad all day and wont try it again. Does anyone have any ideas that a 13 yr old might put up with??

Stormdancer

floracove

A teaspoon full of sugar can make the hiccups go away as well, works every time for us. However, do try to swallow it without swishing it around in your mouth until it is a liquid. I think that the dryer you can stand to swallow it helps in someway, because of the grit.
Just don't get choked on it...

floracove

Stormdancer, you might try adding some tea tree oil to the shampoo that he already uses, just make sure he shakes it up before use. Of course, you would shake it up when putting the tea tree oil into the shampoo.

Tea tree oil is good for lots of things, so it may help with dandruff.

stormdancer339 said:
My middle son has dandruff....bad flakiness. Dr's have recommended t'gel and the like shampoos but they arent working. I tried to get him to rinse with vinegar, but he says he smelled like a salad all day and wont try it again. Does anyone have any ideas that a 13 yr old might put up with??

Stormdancer

Seafra

stormdancer339 said:
My middle son has dandruff....bad flakiness. Dr's have recommended t'gel and the like shampoos but they arent working. I tried to get him to rinse with vinegar, but he says he smelled like a salad all day and wont try it again. Does anyone have any ideas that a 13 yr old might put up with?? Stormdancer

My 14-yo son had a few odd patches of dandruff. Don't know if it will help you but I made a paste out of crushed aspirin and applied it every 2nd or 3rd day before bedtime as he would allow. Wash it out or brush it out with a soft bristle brush in the morning. He also uses a dab of this paste at night when a blemish starts to appear. Crushed aspirin paste gets used quite a bit around here -- daughter and I use it as a facial mask; cured her sebaceous acne and my rosacea.

Teatree oil works for dandruff too, but he won't like that smell either. Pine Tar shampoo is what Edgar Cayce recommended.

SherryZoned

When my son gets dandruff or the husband. I have them wash there hair with baking soda to really scrub it in..then put olive oil on their scalp to soak. However they both keep their heads shaved. If not completely shaved then very short..

Red Emma

Home remedies

About hiccups.

Get a glass of water, then holding your breath, drink it down. It always works for me.

ann823

For a cough that "tickles" and keeps you awake at night take a cloth, dip it in very cold water and lay it on your throat. Cover with a dry towel to protect the sheets. It will get warm but will still stop the tickle after a few minutes. I have taken to spraying once or twice with chloraseptic to help until the cold cloth effect kicks in.

Ann

sstack2

floracove said:
A teaspoon full of sugar can make the hiccups go away as well, works every time for us. However, do try to swallow it without swishing it around in your mouth until it is a liquid. I think that the dryer you can stand to swallow it helps in someway, because of the grit.
Just don't get choked on it...

The whole key to curing hiccups is to concentrate on something else.

My Dad used to make me see how close I can get my pinkie fingers together
without touching. With elbows extended, I wasn't allowed to support or
steady my arms, elbows or hands. No matter how close I'd get them, he'd
say, "Aw, come one. You can get them closer than that." He wouldn't let
me stop trying until he noticed my hiccups were gone. Works every time.

The mind is a powerful thing!