The Wild Unknown Tarot: study group & discussion

patrickjfogarty

Just registered here and thought I'd post. I'm new to tarot and purchased The Wild Unknown this past September. For the last 6(ish) months it's been an amazing journey. I'm really enjoying learning and experiencing tarot and feel a great connection to this deck. Glad to have found this community. Looking forward to spending more time here!

Pixna

Hi, Patrick! Welcome! I'm glad you found us and are enjoying TWU Tarot. It's a fabulous deck to start with -- it will spoil you for any others. :)

Kgirl

Yes welcome! It's also a very powerful deck. It is easily the most accurate deck I've ever worked with.

patrickjfogarty

Hi, Patrick! Welcome! I'm glad you found us and are enjoying TWU Tarot. It's a fabulous deck to start with -- it will spoil you for any others. :)

Yes welcome! It's also a very powerful deck. It is easily the most accurate deck I've ever worked with.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Maveriker

Discussion topics

Hi Rose Laronde,

Welcome to the study group and I'm really glad that you're finding the threads helpful..
Go ahead and add to the discussions, these cards seem so simple yet also seem to have endless things to say..

Since all of the cards are now covered does anyone have any suggestions for more discussions? Anything that you're just dying to discuss?

I'd love to discuss recurrent themes and threads through the deck, such as:

-Stars
-Moons
-Suns
-Eclipses
-Lightning
-Cards that have all colors
-Cards that have *no* color (there are 15, plus 3 that only have color in the borders/corners)
-Borders/corners
-Line directions in the backgrounds, or backgrounds in general
-Compositions, like above/below, background/foreground, standing alone/centre, diagonals, scattering, radiating, frames and boundaries within cards
-Animals—for instance, 3 butterflies, only one rat, several cats, snakes on Aces and XXI
-Trees! :)
-Other plants/flowers (they're minimal, but they're there!)
-Allusions to humans and human anatomy (since there are no actual humans, except maybe one… can anyone guess where she is?)
-Oh yeah, and cards that have no animals or plants at all

That should keep us going a while! :)

Pixna

I'd love to discuss all of those points too, Maveriker. That's an excellent breakdown of them!

Sulis, what do you think? Should we start discussions on each of these topics (or combine a few of them into one)?

The one possible human ... I'd say the V of Pentacles (per some of the interpretations under that card's thread).

Maveriker

I'd love to discuss all of those points too, Maveriker. That's an excellent breakdown of them!

Sulis, what do you think? Should we start discussions on each of these topics (or combine a few of them into one)?

The one possible human ... I'd say the V of Pentacles (per some of the interpretations under that card's thread).

Oh yes, I haven't read that thread yet (there's so much in these threads!)

But yes! That's the one that struck me as a potential human, and since seeing her neckline, I can't really see it as anything else… time to dive into that thread for other ways to see it visually :)

P.S. Going through Sullis' index, I see there are already a few threads on some of the topics I listed…

Sulis

Hi Maveriker,

Welcome to the study group :).

I really like your list of topics and as you say, we do have threads on a few of them.. Other things like the shapes made by the shading etc are discussed in some of the threads on specific cards but feel free to start new threads on anything you like..
If you see something that is particular to one card then add to that card's discussion but if it's something that happens throughout the deck, like the coloured corners, eclipses, crescent moons (general symbolism etc), I think it would be great to start threads discussing those things..

Post away, we'll all join in :).

If you do start new threads could you send me a quick PM so that I can add a link to the index?

OctoberGwen

I've been using this deck for a while now and the desire to discuss it drew me back here to the forum. :)

It's nice to be back and I look forward to reading through this section and catching up elsewhere.