crystals that go walkies and come back on their own

MandMaud

So as to not be off-topic - Mandy, have your stones gone walkies again...?

No - well, only for a day in the tourmaline's case. I have actually bought a new cord for it, finally(!), to turn it back into a necklace pendant, but haven't got around to getting the length right and knotting it so it still sits in my pocket when needed. :rolleyes:

This isn't quite the same question, but I got a new red jasper at the same time. I was looking for something for the second chakra, but the little box of red jasper drew me (first chakra usually) and this one in particular. I was actually disappointed as it's bigger than I wanted and another was patterned and far prettier! The shop put it into a cage and onto a cord for me (at my request) and I simply don't want to be near it now. This isn't about the stone's opinion any more! I feel sorry to reject and neglect it, but cannot bond.

Given that it definitely chose me, can you make sense of this?

It's sort of the same topic, as it was my black tourmaline's way of choosing when to take its own holidays that made me open this thread. :)

cozmo0_4

I'm freaking out - my rose quartz heart has dissappeared while I meditated. It was on the box as I lay down and as the cd started I thought I've not got my quartz but left it as I didn't want to stop the cd. I've gone to get it now 40 mins later and it's not there. I had made some decisions about my life today and maybe it doesn't like my choices.

MandMaud

Or maybe it knows you're ok on your own for the time being? It may detect you're becoming too dependent on it for comfort or reassurance... for example.

If we're going to accept that the stones know more than we do in their way, then we have to accept that they know when they aren't needed - just as they know when they are (the way they choose us rather than the other way round).

Perhaps someone else needs it more at the moment.

My tourmaline always comes back after wandering off. :)

Perhaps you could make contact with your rose quartz's energy during meditation, and ask it to let you know if all is well. Sounds like you have a strong connection with it so you could do that. :)

Silverfool

This has been happening to me with a fairly large, raw quartz I have.

I found it in time to take my final exam, and then it disappeared again! One of my friends found it and I was like, okaaay?

I started sleeping with it under my pillow, because I like holding it, it fits well in my hand. But one day I woke up and poof! I checked all around my bed, and it's nowhere. I haven't found it since haha.

I've been holding a much smaller, tumbled quartz instead, and it seems to be staying with me. I just wish I could find the other one sometimes! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a crystal that decides to wander off, I was really beginning to worry that it just doesn't like me at all haha.

MandMaud

But one day I woke up and poof! I checked all around my bed, and it's nowhere. I haven't found it since haha.

So do you have a feeling of "It's ok, it's safe" - or a feeling that you may have lost it for good? I was going to ask, also, if you mind, but it sounds like you do.

Silverfool

So do you have a feeling of "It's ok, it's safe" - or a feeling that you may have lost it for good? I was going to ask, also, if you mind, but it sounds like you do.

Sometimes I wonder, but it always ends up back in my hands one way or another. :) I'm pretty sure it'll show up again when I need it.

MandMaud

Sometimes I wonder, but it always ends up back in my hands one way or another. :) I'm pretty sure it'll show up again when I need it.

I'm sure they know their own way around! I wonder if some do more than others. Maybe those that relate to activity rather than relaxation... nope, thinking aloud and I've changed my mind on that idea. :) But I wonder if some are more inclined to "explore" and some are more, or less, inclined to come back? Hm...

Silverfool

I'm sure they know their own way around! I wonder if some do more than others. Maybe those that relate to activity rather than relaxation... nope, thinking aloud and I've changed my mind on that idea. :) But I wonder if some are more inclined to "explore" and some are more, or less, inclined to come back? Hm...

Perhaps they wander off when we get too dependent on them, like me sleeping with mine in my hand. Maybe it was upset, because I hadn't let it sit with the other crystals for quite some time... who knows! I feel slightly inclined to write an adventure journal for our crystals, to find out where they go and what they do when they're 'exploring.' I'm thinking, Steven Universe style, forming a physical body and having magical adventures. Wouldn't that be silly!

MandMaud

Now here's the best example yet! I just had a weekend's Airbnb stay, and managed to leave a couple of things behind including my trainers, so the host sent them back to me. She mentioned a "pendant or earring" which I thought was probably mine though I didn't think I'd had any with me except one that I was still wearing.

When the parcel got here today - lo and behold, my beloved black tourmaline in its cage, which went walkies some weeks ago! No idea if it fell out of a pocket or something, but it definitely wasn't in my bags when I got them out to pack. And all the clothes I took have been through the wash loads of times since I last saw this stone.

It has picked a good moment to turn up again, at that. :)

yannie

I've got a story to share. Put my ruby and scolecite stones under my pillow before bed, and the next day they're not there. I must've knocked them under in my sleep, I figured, but they weren't under my bed. Nowhere on the bed. Felt the pillows & they weren't in them. But I did discover how dusty under my bed was, and vacuumed the area.

I checked my pillowcases again, & lo! The stones were deep inside one of them.

How on earth they ended up inside my pillowcase when I coulda sworn I just put them under my pillow, I have no idea. Maybe that's where they want to be.