Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle

lalalibra

Just got my deck. Haven't played with it yet. Went through some of the pages in the guide book though. Probably going to cleanse and bless first before doing more.

But the artwork is amazing. When I saw it online, I knew I had to get it. I'm a bit confused with the 7 card spread though and the steps you do before it. Any one tried that?

Hi Arabelle! All the steps she describes for the 7 card spread come together to form a ritual that she provides for connecting with the Faery realm; the spread/reading being a part of it. The steps (such as the tools, the offerings, etc.) are a means rather than an end; and so they're only worthwhile or productive if they hold actual meaning for you - otherwise it feels dry and nothing happens. I personally think that ritual as a whole is very specific to the individual (in this case, what is given is a piece of the author's personal spiritual path/experience), so I personally have not done it. If it intrigues you, then I would say explore it further and read over it with the intent of understanding what all the steps mean to you personally (such as what you are connecting to, what you are trying to evoke within yourself by doing so, etc). If it seems pointless or unnecessary, then just ignore it. It's just like at other points in the book where she instructs you to use reversals and to only read with an odd number of cards -- it's your choice; it's totally up to you. It can all be taken as suggestion rather than instruction... and you can even create your own unique rituals before you read if that's something that appeals to you. From my own experience, none of it is necessary to connect to the deck. The relationship you have with a deck will be unique and personal, and will unfold gradually as you work with it... I hope that helps & good luck! :)

Arabelle

Ah I figured. I might want to try that spread later on as previously I've tried to connect to the fae but nothing really happened.

I tried a single card reading yesterday after the cleansing just as a getting to know the deck a little more. It IS surprisingly accurate and insightful. Almost like my wisdom of the hidden realms deck. Am kind of new to oracles so, does this happen often?

lalalibra

Ah I figured. I might want to try that spread later on as previously I've tried to connect to the fae but nothing really happened.

I tried a single card reading yesterday after the cleansing just as a getting to know the deck a little more. It IS surprisingly accurate and insightful. Almost like my wisdom of the hidden realms deck. Am kind of new to oracles so, does this happen often?

I would say (hopefully without getting too off-topic!) that in connecting, sometimes things do not always happen as we expect them to. If unable to release these specific expectations, we may block an experience by overlooking what is actually there, or we may block it by limiting our own perception by having a certain idea of what is possible or impossible... So be wary of expecting some specific form of happenings to come about as a result; rather, be open. The key is in your heart, so pay attention to what you feel. I personally think that's a big part of what the description in the book for the 7 card spread is trying to get at, such as when asking you to state your purpose: "so that I may know more deeply who I am"

It's good to hear that you've already found the deck to help you recognize some fresh insight! The way that I personally see it - the cards (any of them - oracle or Tarot) will always mirror something, and in that way they are always "accurate" - but it's a matter of how "accurate" are we at seeing and understanding what is being reflected. Sometimes we may connect to and relate to some decks more than others, and in that way, some decks may be more or less "accurate" in our own use. I find the Wild Wisdom deck (and Lucy Cavendish decks in general) to be quite reliable in my own personal use, especially in processing some less explored emotions (and the thoughts tied to them). I still really love this deck. :)

Arabelle

Thank you so so much.

Now hopefully they tell me soon (I hope) the journal they want, if they want a separate one from the current one and they pouch they want.

Arabelle

Not for daily draws?

Hey guys, is it just me or is this deck not very suitable for daily draws?

I find that I can connect better with my other deck, wisdom of the hidden realms, better on daily draws. But the wild wisdom of the faery oracle more accurate on specific question?