De-Enabling Thread

thorhammer

Can everyone STOP mentioning the bl**dy Dodal? Coz I know of somewhere I might . . . no!!!!! I am unemployed! I cannot buy decks . . . ever again *sob* oh, the horrors!

gregs, thanks for the proactive effort against the Spill. That Sun sounds nasty, and the Hanged Man is horrific. That's just . . . wrong. And WHAT yoga asana does he think he's trying to hold??? And what's with the arms? They should be hanging, surely?

Not right. NOt right at all.

\m/ Kat

Cat*

gregory said:
Oh and by the way - in regard to the Spill that you all tried to deenable me about a while ago. I resisted - but I got it for my birthday. I can now de-enable you ALL on the grounds of the Sun card: it is centred on a large eye being pulled wider open by a lot of fishhooks..... :bugeyed:
Disturbing doesn't BEGIN....
That sounds like a surrealist's idea of "cheerful"...

The Hanged Man is a bit startling, too....
*sadly shaking head* Kids these days and their desperate cries for attention...

Neither of these comments are supposed to be taken as enabling in the slightest by any of you people, by the way. Be warned: I can cook spaghetti, too! In fact, I have a heap of cold spaghetti very near, all sticking together, so I can better whip you with them. (Don't worry if you miss your favorite Mistress of the Pasta Whippings. I'm just standing in for gregory while she is off to look at her shameful collection of decks for more reasons to de-enable us all. She'll be back soon with more horrible truths. As will nisaba with her smelly fish.)

gregory

Cat* said:
. (Don't worry if you miss your favorite Mistress of the Pasta Whippings. I'm just standing in for gregory while she is off to look at her shameful collection of decks for more reasons to de-enable us all. She'll be back soon with more horrible truths. As will nisaba with her smelly fish.)
Indeed. I have this b/w Sexual Tarot that I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE.... ;)

And it's curry for me tonight. You will all be forced to eat it with 4 tablespoons of cayenne pepper added if you step out of line.

Dodal. OK- it's just another TdM. Any help ? Because it is, to be honest !

Dusk Till Dawn

This thread is terribly en abling.... Now I would like to know, whats bad about the Venice, Dell Orror, and the Spill. I don't know which, or which not. or should I go to another thread?

gregory

Seeker*13* said:
This thread is terribly en abling.... Now I would like to know, whats bad about the Venice, Dell Orror, and the Spill. I don't know which, or which not. or should I go to another thread?
The Spill ??? See above. You WANT a Sun with an eye full of fishhooks ? or that Hanged Man ? I think not.

Dell Orror ? Boring. Totally not horrifying and the Ace of Swords is plain sick. Look. The artwork isn't that great, either. There's a review on line that says it's like junior high school bathroom humour. And what about the Empress, about to be raped ? YUK.

Venice - not seen it. What does that say. I didn't buy it. If I don't want it, who the hell WOULD ?

And - there is no "which" option here. We only do "which not".

So - NOT. Not ANY of them.

Dinner now :D

Dusk Till Dawn

gregory said:
The Spill ??? See above. You WANT a Sun with an eye full of fishhooks ? or that Hanged Man ? I think not.

Dell Orror ? Boring. Totally not horrifying and the Ace of Swords is plain sick. Look. The artwork isn't that great, either. There's a review on line that says it's like junior high school bathroom humour. And what about the Empress, about to be raped ? YUK.

Venice - not seen it. What does that say. I didn't buy it. If I don't want it, who the hell WOULD ?

And - there is no "which" option here. We only do "which not".

So - NOT. Not ANY of them.

Dinner now :D
Sick? Well I like sick. That's the problem. But I do find the Empress on the Dell Orror quite cute looking. I guess that makes me sick?
I know the Pips are unillustrated, but maybe the Majors make up for it.
So torn..

gregory

Seeker*13* said:
Sick? Well I like sick. That's the problem. But I do find the Empress on the Dell Orror quite cute looking. I guess that makes me sick?
I know the Pips are unillustrated, but maybe the Majors make up for it.
So torn..
You like toilet humour ?

And she can be cute - that's fine - but she is clearly about to be strangled and probably raped give the street scene. You can be utterly beautiful and still get raped. And I REALLY don't like that in a card.... :(

I will try and do better later but I'm HUNGRY. I will also scan the Spill Sun card in at some point (I thought I could find it on line - but no...)

ETA OK - tell me you want this card to come up in a reading :bugeyed: (I have seen it in a 6 foot high version :eek:)

Attachments

• Spill sun.jpg
    Spill sun.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 216

Chronata

ewwww...the Spill is giving me heartburn. I mean not that I wanted it anyway(collage...ewwww) but really...wtf?

Hadar...you don't want it. You resisted this long, which proves it. And it's diabolically hard to find, and expensive. Go and get a Marseilles that's in print.
I had the Hadar, because everyone told me it was THE Marseilles deck to get.

But I didn't like their eyes.They were kind of dead, and staring.

Venice...um...I am in LOVE with Venice as a city, and with carnivale...but even I don't like the Venice. It's a lot of architecture, and a few pretty people all dressed up, but honestly it doesn't have enough personality for me to like it. There's just not enough of the magic of Venice, nor tarot to make me want it.

Get some post cards from Venice, and you can make your own tarot, which would probably look and work a lot better.

Morwenna

This thread is one day old and 3 pages long already??

Thank you for totally turning me off of decks I'd never heard of before! :D

nisaba

gregory said:

Purely on *artistic* grounds it's pretty shocking. The red brick buildings behind him are similar in tone to his own skin colour, and he virtually disappears. I see it's snowing and he's nearly naked, which is very brave of him. If they'd just had the gallows-setup and him against a snow-scene without the benefit of red brick, it night have been much ... er ... <remembers where she is> slightly less disgusting.

Can you tell us that such lapses of artistic judgement pepper the deck liberally? Birthday or no birthday, that might be de-enabling in and of itself.