The Shaman's Oracle by John Matthews

Hedera

Thank you so much Cerulean! :)

I hear you on the dreary winter light - I can't remember ever having longed for spring this much.

Those cards look really good though, very intriguing!

Le Fanu

Thank you Cerulean! And winter is no better in this neck of the woods either. Incessant rain...

But I think I'm going to like this deck!

And victoria's exclamation has got me truly intrigued...

AJ

The art may not be 'from' anywhere but shamanic artist Wil Kinghan's fine brain and hands

lark

AJ said:
The art may not be 'from' anywhere but shamanic artist Wil Kinghan's fine brain and hands
On page 5 in the book it says...
"The images on the cards are new works of art, based on accurate renderings of cave art.
The originals were redrawn from photos taken at the sites, repainted and then placed on specially prepared rock-face designs with subtle lightening effects added."
Just wish they would have a list of what sites in the book.

Cerulean

Googling neolithic art and examining my books on cave paintings...

The Panel of Hunting Lions with bison, Chavet cave

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/chav/hd_chav.htm
and Ancestor of Protection

Drawing of a Pyrenean ibex from the wall of the Black Salon cave of Niaux

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000408111
and Ancester of Illusion

Great Bull with horses of the cave of Lascaux

bnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgreat%2Bbull%2Bwith%2Bhorses%2Blascaux%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

or

shamanic bisen below

and Ancester of Boundaries

That's a start...happy googling or perhaps there will be shamanic art/cave art or paintings /neolithic art and other images people would like to share.

Perhaps each day one pulls a card, one can research the image and it can be part of the journey!

Best wishes,

Cerulean

P.S. This link below shows many shamanic cave art images and the website author suggests you look at the 'source' from the view tab on your menu and the titles of the pictures appear....there seems to be at least one or two images similar to the art of the deck and they might be cave art as far back as Paliolithic times.

http://www.jimhopper.com/paleo.html

Attachments

• shamanicbisen.jpg
    shamanicbisen.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 263

HearthCricket

I finally had time to pull these out and start looking through the images and the book. I really like this set. It has a nice introduction about cave art and though not in dept by any means it does help set you up for the atmosphere that these cards are bringing you into. I love the cave spread and how different this deck is from other oracles. It is not meant to be a quick shuffle and pull a card to reflect on deck. It entails a process, time to put aside and reflect, a personal journey. Nice artwork and even nicer idea that sets it apart from other oracles. I can't wait to work with it.

Le Fanu

Is this a case of amazon U.S has it but not amazon.uk?

(I don't know why I'm asking as I am not to buy anything else this month...)

dvorah ophir

thanks lark for your scans.
i do have to say that maby i regret buying it because i realy dont like the art.
maybe will think difrently when i do receive it. it was shiped last week and takes about 14 days to arrive to israel.
if i realy hate it i will buy the heart of faerie oracle to recompece myself.
(is it a real word or did i invent more new english?)
hope for sure that i love it.will give it the time.
dvorah