Study Group ~ The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

KarlThomas

I wrote mine. I agree, Mac, useful, and affirming. I even did it in pencil!!

arcana17

I'd like to join this study group too.

I have been studying Tarot for 4 years and I felt stuck. My nature is always to study first, try to get as much knowledge about a subject before moving to applying that knowledge. I have been looking for the perfect deck (never found it :) ) and reading book after book. I was going nowhere, I was becoming a bookaholic.

Listening to "the process" changed my tarot life. Now I use only 1 deck (my old Universal Waite) and I've put all my books in a closet (almost, now I only use a dictionary of symbols, not even a tarot book). I started journaling. On the question "why do you read?", I wrote 9 pages with a pencil and I learned many things about my reasons and about myself. I got out of the closet and I have started reading for people I don't know. Now, I'm convinced that reading for others is for me the best way to learn and enjoy reading. To paraphrase Dan, I discovered that the tarot has much more importance in my life than I originally thought.

I really need to thank that Dan guy, I really needed to listen to what he had to say a this point in my life.

Sheri

Grizabella said:
I think the two most valuable things I've learned from Dan is the emphasis on "it's not about you" and "why do you read?"

The fact that it's not about us ----not about me----actually takes pressure off the reader if you stop and think about it. Because gone is the pressure of "how do I look? what will the sitter think of me? etc. and replacing it is just the earnest desire to be "present" with the sitter and pay close attention to them so as to get the most helpful information from the Universe for them and to relay it in the most sensitive and diplomatic way to the sitter.

I haven't written the three page essay. Has anyone else?

What Griz says most eloquently... I've learned that it isn't about me. On many occasions, I have been "given" the opportunity to not read at a fair or function. Once I forgot my fliers, oops no business cards, etc. Each time, there was the opportunity to turn around and go home, but I didn't because I kept telling myself that business cards don't matter, fliers don't matter, none of that "stuff" matters. What matters is that you are reading for someone. Whether it is in an office, at a fair, on the trunk of a car in a parking lot, with rocks holding the cards in place.

:love: Sheri

Disa

I wrote my 3 pages last week-I felt I should have written even more, but I had to sharpen my pencil twice :)

Hmm. It's not about me, it's not about me...I thought I was someone who knew this, I usually shy away from being in the "spotlight" for any given situation, but- I've got to find a way to rearrange my thinking to take the pressure off. It isn't about me, but it's me the sitter is listening to. Even friends and family seem at times to be hanging on my every word in a reading-if I screw it up, with them, I can say- I told you I'm still learning, but if I screw it up for strangers, then what? I just don't feel completely ready yet. Then again, I don't think I've screwed anything up yet with friends or family, so here I am chasing my own tail :)

Grizabella

So what if you screw it up? It's not about you. It's about the sitter. And it's my firm belief that everything happens for a reason. If you think you screwed up, you may have just given the sitter what you were supposed to give them.

Sometimes it's not us who is supposed to carry a particular message to a sitter. We don't have to be right because maybe we're not supposed to tell them of something that's going to come about. Maybe the lesson the Universe has for them requires that nobody forewarn them. Or that someone else forewarn them. Maybe the lesson the Universe has for YOU is that you're fallible and that you're not always going to be accurate (because we're not always accurate, you know) so maybe you're needing to screw up to give you a lesson in humility. :)

The way I see it, it's just my job to get up, suit up and show up for whatever it is the Universe/my Higher Power wants me to do that day. As long as I'm willing and do my best to be of service for whatever comes along, then whatever happens is what's supposed to happen. Is that always easy? Heck, no! And I do screw up, but I don't beat myself up about it. I just try to learn from it and do better the next time.

So let me encourage you to get out there and don't worry about screwing up. Sure you will, but that's okay. Really! :D

KarlThomas

Yep, right as rain, Griz.

Its an interesting tap dance, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Disa, you are going to experience thrills and chills reading for strangers, for instance, you'll be amazed, right away, how much easier it can be to read for people you haven't colored in your mind already, and people you have no agenda for. It is more of a challenge for me to read for friends: I'm naturally more receptive and unblocked for complete strangers.

When someone looks at you and says "there is no WAY you could have known that" the wonder of what we do appears in even brighter clothes.

Jump in, the water's great.

(And if you need more time to prepare yourself, just relax, and take that time. One likes to feel confident at the table.)

mac22

Grizabella said:
So what if you screw it up? It's not about you. It's about the sitter.

The way I see it, it's just my job to get up, suit up and show up for whatever it is the Universe/my Higher Power wants me to do that day. As long as I'm willing and do my best to be of service for whatever comes along, then whatever happens is what's supposed to happen. Is that always easy? Heck, no! And I do screw up, but I don't beat myself up about it. I just try to learn from it and do better the next time.

So let me encourage you to get out there and don't worry about screwing up. Sure you will, but that's okay. Really! :D

Well said....

Something that I had to learn the hard way.....:)

Mac22

Disa

Thanks, guys! I'll get there...

KarlThomas

Sheri said:
What matters is that you are reading for someone.
:love: Sheri

Sheri, I think you've hit it square on the head with that one.

Mac had an interesting answer to "How is the Process showing up in your practice?"
when he said "It has made me a BETTER, deeper reader".

The Process has made me value each reading I do more, as readings in and of themselves, where anything can happen, but moreover, as my path toward improving as a reader.

When I read, I am given the opportunity to be of service. With my sitter, I am given a chance to touch wonder on a deeper level than I can access alone.

Reading, in and of itself, provides, and the more I can step aside, making my involvement grounded in service, the further down my path I seem to advance.

Aurelious

Indeed. No matter how many times I listen to him, there seems to be something else that catches my attention. Even his talk on gardening. I've become what I feel is a gardening wizard compared to those around me just by telling those what I've heard.

Just wondering when the next step will be up to discuss? I don't think I'm quite the one to continue it, I leave it up to those who began it.