Learning Lenormand by Katz & Goodwin

Eeviee

I've been waiting to see what would come of this book, hearing about it prior to any information being released!
Well, here it is!

Title: Learning Lenormand: Traditional Fortune Telling for Modern Life
Authors: Marcus Katz & Tali Goodwin (authors of Tarosophy & Around the Tarot in 78 Days)
ISBN:
ISBN 13: 9780738736471
ISBN 10: 0738736473

Publisher: Llewellyn
Pages: 288

Release Date: May 8th, 2013 (US)

Synopsis: "The Lenormand deck is a traditional French fortune-telling deck dating back to about 1850. It uses thirty-six cards, each with a symbolic image. This is the first comprehensive English workbook that explains its history, how to choose a deck, and how to use it for both fortune-telling and personal insight. It features the authors’ signature methods of skill development and card-reading techniques to answer any question. This is the first well-researched book that fully explains and teaches the correct and unique methods of using the cards. Includes special advice for tarot readers wishing to learn to use this system." -From Llewellyn's site

*Visit Llewellyn or B&N for the Cover Image!*

Links:
Llewellyn - http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738736471
Amazon (US) - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738736473/ref=nosim/aeclectic/
Bookdepository - http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780738736471/?a_aid=aeclectic
Barnes & Noble - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/learning-lenormand-marcus-katz/1113557693?ean=9780738736471

Know anything else about this upcoming book? See a blog post on it somewhere? Have anything else to say about it? Please share! =]

TaliTarot

Minor Corrections to Product Blurb

Hi Eeviee

Thank you for highlighting my book with Marcus, it's very much appreciated, and I'm excited to share my research and teaching methods beyond my existing Lenormand course, through this book.

We asked the publisher to make a couple of minor amendments to that blurb, which probably a number of folk will see immediately;

It should be "tradition European fortune-telling deck" not "French", as of course the Lenormand deck as we have come to know it was first published in Germany, and is popular across Europe, and even across in Brazil. The French Connection is just because Mlle. Lenormand's name was used to market the deck after her death.

Also, we asked for "correct" to be replaced with "accessible" as there is no one singular tradition, style or approach for Lenormand reading; we read a library of books in our collection in both French and German, and even within a "tradition" there are many variations; one German "tradition" author might use the keyword of "occultism" and "solitude" for the Tower card, another might use "authority" and "institutions". We refer to "styles" within the book, as it was impossible to nail down a precise tradition when the books over the last century or so were researched.

Anyhow, we hope everyone enjoys the book when it is published in May 2013 and finds it useful to discover and develop the Lenormand deck and its various reading methods! We have just last week sent revisions to the 90 illustrations in the book, including the "original Lenormand" deck cards which we have re-licensed from the British Museum to use in the book.

Thank you again for your interest!

Tali x

janie144

Hmmm something else to add to my wishlist.

Eeviee

@Tali - I love when Authors and Artists interact with the people here at AT! You are very welcome for the promotion, and thank you very much for your time and information! =]

I am very excited to see another English publication on the Lenormand cards. There are but two titles that I am aware of (and I'm not about to spend $35 on one of those books!).

I had saw that you had published reproductions of these "Original Lenormand" cards this summer, but unfortunately missed them and caught on after it was too late. -Do you have any intentions on re-publishing? And/Or Is there a chance that they will be picked up by a publishing company? I would really love to get my hands on a copy!

Again, thank you for stopping by!

frelkins

We refer to "styles" within the book, as it was impossible to nail down a precise tradition when the books over the last century or so were researched.

Thank you for that Tali. If I hear one more time about the supposed 1 true folk tradition in this I'm going to go mad. I so appreciate that you & Marcus tell the truth & stick to the facts. :)

DownUnderNZer

How much will the book cost?

Lourdez

.....and that's why I can't find the book 2013 derrrrrrr to me:(

That's so far away I need a book like this hehe!

DownUnderNZer

In U.S. prices, according to Amazon U.S., the list price will be $16.99, and Amazon's price will be $10.11.

Good price...seriously! :)