Lenormand books

Amanaki

which Lenormand book do you read most often, and what do you feel is good with it.
For beginners whitch book is best?
For experienced Readiers whitch book is best?

Hope this can help both beginners and experienced readers to find the book they need :)
If you know what style (French,German or other) it belong to please add this too your answer :)

Amanaki

Mellaenn

Hi Amanaki.

A search of this forum brings up a number of threads on this subject with some good posts:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=218058&highlight=lenormand+books

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=210809&highlight=lenormand+books

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=210809&highlight=lenormand+books

A lot of these threads point to Rana George's book "The Essential Lenormand" and I'd like to add that I personally have found her book to be the most useful to me for where I am in my Lenormand journey so far. I do also like Sylvie Steinbach's book "The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle" as well because she includes a list of combos for every card with every other card in the deck. But if I were to only buy one book, it would be Rana's. :thumbsup:

Lee

I too like Rana's book, it's a great resource. I believe right now it's probably the best bet for someone looking for a book. I'm also looking forward to Caitlin Matthews's book coming out at the end of September.

Amanaki

Thank you both Mellaenn and Lee for your answers :)

I am my self a fan of Rana Georges book :) And as Lee says, it is the best out there :)

Amanaki

Glass Owl

If you visit our Lenormand Index thread, you will find a section devoted to various Lenormand book threads.

As others have already stated, I think that Rana's book really shines.

Happy researching!

Amanaki

Thank you Glass owl :)

i will take a look at those treads :)

Amanaki

andybc

The neophyte is spoilt for choice now.

Caitlín Matthews’ book, The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook, which is due out in October, is probably going to be the ‘one’ a student should have if they don’t speak German or French. In terms of completeness, and her ability to teach, I don’t think Caitlín has a rival working English.

Even if one does not like the cards in the Enchanted Lenormand, the small book accompanying it, is one of the best introductions I’ve seen in Lenormand methodology out there. Her ‘big’ book is something any serious student will need to read.

Rana’s book the Essential Lenormand is good. Although one might wish to concentre on the appendix, first, due to the sheer volume of information that is recited. You get more out of it when you don't go in my blind.

If you can speak either German or French you can still get Erna Droesbeke’s Oracle of Mlle Lenormand. This was the first book published in English, incidentally. Along with Malkiel Dietrich, Ms. Droesbeke is the foremost recognised Lenormand expert working now, and her book shows less is more. It's the only book thus far one can say, with honesty, that 'nothing is left out'.

If only Malkiel would write a book in English the American market would be well served in this European methodology.

I've given friends Caitlín, Rana and Erna in the past. I think they're all wonderful resources.

Barleywine

If you can speak either German or French you can still get Erna Droesbeke’s Oracle of Mlle Lenormand. This was the first book published in English, incidentally. Along with Malkiel Dietrich, Ms. Droesbeke is the foremost recognised Lenormand expert working now, and her book shows less is more. It's the only book thus far one can say, with honesty, that 'nothing is left out'.

If only Malkiel would write a book in English the American market would be well served in this European methodology.

I probably have enough high-school French to stagger my way through a French-language publication, and it would be a great inspiration to help me sharpen my skills. But my command of German isn't remotely close. Amazon has Erna Droesbeke's Das Orakel der Mlle. Lenormand, but I don't know where to start looking for a capable French writer. Any recommendations?

Lee

Andybc's book is very good, especially for folks interested in the distance technique.

Teheuti

What Andy said . . . plus

Don't miss Andy's excellent introductory e-book (now available at a very reasonable price!), especially if you are curious about how to use the Near-Far designations or you want to take advantage of his insights into the cards.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenormand-Thirty-Six-Cards-Introduction-petit-Lenormand-ebook/dp/B00JHO7X8M

A book that is vastly overlooked but which I refer to with frequency is Anthony Louis' e-book _Lenormand Symbols_ which compiles most of the early texts and verses printed on cards along with interesting speculations on possible folkloric references via the images. I highly recommend this work to anyone interested in a one-stop resource for the early interpretations.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenormand-Symbols-Exploring-Origins-Images-ebook/dp/B00J7229O2

I consider both of these essential.