Help a Newbie: First three cards of GT as 'message to the querent'

RohanMenon

Hi Folks,
My first post on the Lenormand section

I'm a total newbie and using AndyBC's book (on my Kindle) to learn

He mentions in the Grand Tableau instructions that

"I read the first 3 cards laid out. These are a message to the querent"

A message from who? What should the querent do with this message? Is this 'message' different from the outcome of the reading?

The confusing bit is that in the worked example, (in the following chapter) he does a GT reading for a client, George, intended to cover the coming 6 months.

In this reading he gets Storks, Lord, Moon as the first three cards.

He says

"Often these cards act like a daily draw, referring to something that has already happened, or will happen on the day of the reading, or very shortly after (within a few days)"

Then he goes on to interpret the first 3 cards (Storks, Lord, Moon) as "George has a change in professional status for all to see"

Which is fine, but then how are these three cards a 'message'? The above doesn't seem much like a message to me, more a description of an event in the past.

Second question: I've read elsewhere on this forum that the first three cards of a Grand Tableau set the theme of the tableau (vs being a message). This makes more sense, as the rest of the example reading largely revolves around changes occurring from George's job.

Third, and final question.

How does the reading of the first three cards differ from the reading of the final 4 cards ? (in an 8 * 4 + 4 GT format)? both seem to 'summarize' the GT in some fashion. What is the difference?

I'm a total newbie. So be gentle!

Thanks in advance,

AraLuck

I'm using AndyBC's book (on my Kindle) to learn Lenormand.

He mentions in the Grand Tableau instructions that

"I read the first 3 cards laid out. These are a message to the querent"
A message from who? What should the querent do with this message?

The confusing bit is that in the worked example, (in the following chapter) he does a GT reading for a client, George intended to cover the coming 6 months.

In this reading he gets Storks, Lord, Moon as the first three cards.

He says
"Often these cards act like a daily draw, referring to something that has already happened, or will happen on the day of the reading, or very shortly after (within a few days)"

Then he goes on to interpret the first 3 cards (Storks, Lord, Moon) as "George has a change in professional status for all to see"

Which is fine, but then how are these three cards a 'message'? The above doesn't seem much like a message to me, more a description of an event.

Second question: I've read elsewhere on this forum that the first three cards of a Grand Tableau set the theme of the tableau. This makes more sense, as the rest of the reading largely revolves around changes occurring from the job.

Third, and final question.
How does the reading of the first three cards differ from the reading of the final 4 cards ? (in an 8 * 4 + 4 GT format)? both seem to 'summarize' the GT in some fashion. What is the difference?

So I guess my question to more experienced readers here is " How do you interpret the first three cards of a GT (if you do)? A message? A summary? What is the difference between the interpretations of the first 3 and last 4 cards in an 8*4 + 4 Grand Tableau? "

I'm a total newbie. So be gentle!

Thanks in advance,

Hi there,

am no expert... but I also am a newbie and found a guy who really resonated with me in the way he just laid out his GT.

These are the links to his vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_hrp9oXRvk&authuser=0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE_eud2X8NE&authuser=0

I live in Karnataka too btw... guess where? :D

RohanMenon

Do the videos answer these specific questions?

I'm not really looking for a step by step GT method. (the book has that) .

RohanMenon

Oh, no harm done, I appreciate the thought

and Thank You, it is just that I'm looking for answers to very specific questions. and if the videos don't have the answers, then I don't have to watch them right now..

As I said no harm done, and thank you for the links.
Cheers,

Barleywine

As suggested, I'm posting my reply to RohanMenon's PM on the subject. The "first three cards as message" is still the cause of some uncertainty for me as well, so I only consider them if they make a really strong statement that aligns with other "high points" in the tableau.

"I also struggle with the difference between the first three cards and the last four. In practice, I find that the first three don't always coalesce into any kind of meaningful tip-off about what the reading will cover. I've seen this work perfectly only once, when I predicted the outcome of the US election in some detail, so I don't pay much attention to them unless they really shout at me after I quickly examine the general arrangement of the rest of the tableau.

The last four cards, on the other hand, often set themselves apart as a higher-order type of "destiny" outlook, not least because they are a self-contained unit offering an abbreviated mini-reading. I treat their interpretation as a sweeping overview or grand finale to the reading. It gives me a chance to step back from the minutiae and see if everything leading up to it points to a convincing closure. It doesn't always do so, but I can usually get enough insight to make sense of the combination within the overall context. I try to steer clear of too much of the "mystification" that fate and destiny imply because it doesn't square well with what is otherwise a very literal system. The last four cards frequently work quite effectively as a broad "advice" roll-up."