Sola-Busca Tarot

giordanoberti

I wish to start a new study group about Sola-Busca Tarot.
The first topics would be the following relationship with
- medieval literature (especially concerning the 56 Minor cards)
- alchemical iconography
- alchemical literature
- Waite-Smith Tarot

These could be the main lines of study, but someone could identify other.

I think it would be very interesting to know how the printed versions are arriving in the collections of several museums.

Some food to go in the studio can be found in the websites
http://www.tarotpedia.com/wiki/Sola_Busca_Tarot
solabuscatarot1998mayer.wordpress.com

I hope that someone has interest in this topic, which to me is really wonderful

Giordano Berti

Rhinemaiden

I wish to start a new study group about Sola-Busca Tarot.
The first topics would be the following relationship with
- medieval literature (especially concerning the 56 Minor cards)
- alchemical iconography
- alchemical literature
- Waite-Smith Tarot

These could be the main lines of study, but someone could identify other.

I think it would be very interesting to know how the printed versions are arriving in the collections of several museums.

Some food to go in the studio can be found in the websites
http://www.tarotpedia.com/wiki/Sola_Busca_Tarot
solabuscatarot1998mayer.wordpress.com

I hope that someone has interest in this topic, which to me is really wonderful

Giordano Berti

I just got this deck -- 1995 LoS version -- and would be interested in learning more about it.

Bluefeet

I have the Mayer edition - it's gorgeous. :D Sola Busca is indeed a prominent deck in tarot history.

Sherryl

I just got the Mayer deck and am very interested in this topic. But I can't discuss it intelligently until I know more about the deck's context.

Giordano, when is your book coming out? Is it available in Italian? I have the little yellow book by Di Vicenzo and I've just ordered the book on the 22 trumps that Menegazzi is selling, so that should get me started.

Can you suggest any books in Italian or English that would give background on medieval culture, or how alchemy was practiced at that time?

Thanks

garmonbozia

I would be interested in participating in a study group.

starlightexp

This would be Well worth studying

BrightEye

I'd be interested in studying this deck too.

Is the di Vincenzo book good?

tarot heart

Could someone with the Mayer edition of the deck please post some personal pictures of the deck? I am trying to decide if I should make the investment but the pictures I've seen thus far are not that great. Thanks! :)

trzes

Hi-res scans of two cards attached. The cards seem unlaminated but are slightly glossy. Corners not rounded, cards are very accurately cut (I prefer that over mock "authentic" irregular cutting).

Hmm, the scans don't fully reflect the card's quality it seems.

While we are at it, does anybody have the Il Meneghello edition and can tell me or show by scan what they are like compared to the Mayer edition ones?

Attachments

• SolaBuscaMayer1.jpg
    SolaBuscaMayer1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 353
  • SolaBuscaMayer2.jpg
    SolaBuscaMayer2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 334

tarot heart

Hi-res scans of two cards attached. The cards seem unlaminated but are slightly glossy. Corners not rounded, cards are very accurately cut (I prefer that over mock "authentic" irregular cutting).

Hmm, the scans don't fully reflect the card's quality it seems.

While we are at it, does anybody have the Il Meneghello edition and can tell me or show by scan what they are like compared to the Mayer edition ones?

Thank you trzes! You're right though, I don't think the scans are doing them justice, unfortunately. I don't have the Il Meneghello edition, sorry!