TdM which express' the emotions most

BrightEye

I'm late to this but would have recommended the Fournier because of the colours. It's the colours of the backgrounds that speak to me emotionally.

momentarylight

I love various versions of the Marseille. :)

You have a lot of choice and it could simply depend on your mood.

I agree with BrightEye that the Fournier is colourful and chatty. I also like the Isis and the Marseille Convos which is here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/convos-marseille/

Why not get the lot? :D

Inconnu

Gulliver,
You found what you sought. Thats the thing, well done.

Gulliver

Thank you for the introduction of other TdM decks!

The Fournier, Bright Eye, is very mysterious for me, because at this point I can't imagine how the colours would have an influence on readings. I gess, I have to hold the cards in my hands to immediately detect it. I hope someday I will come in touch with them, maybe a friend of mine will get them.

Hi Momentarylight, it would be nice to get lots of the tarots, but I think it is a question of money, room and ability to handle with more decks. The Convos I didn't know, thank you for introduction! How I love to look at new tarots!

You are right, Inconnu. In German one could say, "now I have the salad", don't know whether there is an English equivalent. :D

Yes, EnchantedShadow, I like the Madenie too. I've looked at it on aeclectic already - good to know, that the tarot is available at the moment, thank you for the advise!

Richard

Enjoy the CBD, Gulliver. It is an exquisite rendering of the Conver TdM.

If you become a TdM addict, some day you may want the Grimaud TdM, which is Paul Marteau's version of the Conver. It is very similar to the CBD, but it has a more limited color scheme in accordance with Marteau's theory of Tarot color symbolism.

Gulliver

I'm glad to get the CBD, I think it's exquisite too.

I will consider the Grimaud TdM, if I become a TdM addict. It would be interesting to know, whether the cardstock of the mini version is of the same good quality like the bigger one. Should it be so, then I will think about purchasing someday.

Generally I think, the kind of TdM's is very qualified to be published in mini versions.

Richard

I'm glad to get the CBD, I think it's exquisite too.

I will consider the Grimaud TdM, if I become a TdM addict. It would be interesting to know, whether the cardstock of the mini version is of the same good quality like the bigger one. Should it be so, then I will think about purchasing someday.

Generally I think, the kind of TdM's is very qualified to be published in mini versions.
The mini card stock is slightly thinner and more flexible than that of the standard deck. Overall quality is very high. I'm getting a new mini because I'm missing the Knight of Wands and Ten of Cups.

Gulliver

Thanks, LRichard. It seems that the mini on Alidastore is now sold out. Not that I wanted to buy yet, but I was looking on the site.

DeToX

I posted a related topic when I first joined the forum, regarding how to interpret the expressiveness of faces in the TdM decks, which may be of interest here.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=192467

My vote is for the Soprafino Italian decks and the 1JJ although strictly speaking they aren't TdM.