Missing a Card

olivia1

xKam said:
Can you still read using a deck that's missing a card? Or is it pointless and should I purchase a new deck?

/QUOTE]
I wasnt able to. a card is missing from one of my decks ( a deck I really loved) but since missing the Knight of Cups the readings are pretty much worthless and waay off. I hope I find that missing card but it might take days:(

Ambrosia

Umbrae said:
The author David Skibbins uses a deck made of 78 different cards. What I mean is they come from 78 different decks...mondo cool...
I read those novels a while ago and never picked up on the fact he uses a composite deck.
So are you saying the author, or the character in his books uses a composite? I presume you mean the author seeing as that's what you said, but just to make sure.
This is the author who wrote those books about the Tarot reader in Berkeley California is it not? He sets up a little fold up table on the street and gets himself into trouble because of something that happened back in the day? A political statement which involved a bomb going off and then he had to go into hiding if I'm not mistaken, though it's been a while and I could be mixing it up with something else.

I think that's why I love the VR so much. It's like someone took a whole lot of greetings cards or whatever and shuffled them together to use for reading. I find it really fresh that there are so many different styles of art in the deck. Same goes for BG too.

I'd love to make my own out of my favourites from all my decks, it's just the sizes that make that a problem.

Sorry to go off topic, I'll shut up now.

Vito_Romano

Knight

Hello, I've recently lost my Knight of Pentacles from the Guilded Deck :(. I don't know what to do, should I buy another deck or is there a place I could purchase individual replacement cards? Thanks for the info!

Barleywine

I've used the two spare cards to create personal cards for my decks: a unique significator card and a 23rd trump card. I create the artwork, scan it, and print it on sticky labels that I apply to the face of the cards. Memorex has a CD label printing program with general purpose labels that work just fine.

Zephyros

Hello, I've recently lost my Knight of Pentacles from the Guilded Deck :(. I don't know what to do, should I buy another deck or is there a place I could purchase individual replacement cards? Thanks for the info!

Hi Vito_Romano, welcome to Aeclectic!

You should look in the Lost and Found Singles Bar for missing Cards where people post about just that. Maybe someone has a spare that they can send you. You can find the thread here.