My New Tool...

Wichasa

I have been struggling with an issue with a co-worker and if any of you have read "In Process" in Your Readings I will appologize.... This is one of those situations I Check myself to make sure I am not leaving my backside open... I do my best to look at all possibilities.

I have altered the questions in the Past Life spread I have been playing with and fine tuning....

So I am going to use that situation to test this spread for the first time... I am drawing cards as I write this... Golden Tarot by Kat Black.

The layout has a variation to what I originally started (Thanks Wenchie!)

*****1*****
**2**5**4**
*****3*****
**6*7*8*9**
****10*****

The Questions:
1. What is my role in the situation?
2. What attitude am I bringing into the situation? (or issue)
3. What is my basic character in this situation?
4. What attributes do I bring into the situation?
5. What needs to happen for a positive, forward moving resolution?
6-9. What is the most likely outcome if I do not resolve the situation or issue.
10. What life lesson am I working on learning?

Here goes... I am thinking about all that has transpired between this woman and I... I want to know about how I made this worse? Or what part of the relationships troubles I am responsible for.... Don't want to walk down this road again. Checking myself.
First five cards from the Major Arcana

1. What is my role in the situation? - III The Empress - rev - A withering away of bounty through weakness and indecision. (True enough, had a very high stress Job and had a nervous breakdown. Stress center material)

2. What attitude am I bringing to this situation? - XVII The Star - rev - This is about negativity and a pessimistic outlook... Think I will pull another card or two on this one.
Clarification cards - 7 of cups -rev - and the 7 of coins.- Optimism and wanting to believe the best confused the issue... and we reap what we sew... I'm thinking that I couldn't see. I was definetly confused by the whole thing.... so did nothing.)

3. What is my basic character in this situation? - VII The Chariot - My charater at the time was/is one of working with people and not against them.
Solving problems and moving on.

4. What attributes do I bring to the situation? - II The Empress - spiritual awareness and acceptance of lifes mysteries... beware of over enthusiasm.

5. What needs to happen for a positive, forward moving resolution? -VII Strength - Perseverence is what I am seeing in this.

6-9. Minor Arcana - What is the probable outcome?
Knight of coins - rev - This is about pettiness keeping you going nowhere
Two of wands - rev - There is change in the air
9 of coins - Private labors and personal betterment. Encouragement of skills and talents.
Queen of Wands - By not being afraid to go for it.

This is really feeling like a message to myself....

10. The life lesson I am learning.... to not be hasty in my decisions, considering all possibilities before taking action. ( I think I worry about the wrong things.)

Perhaps I should change probable outcome to something else....I'm close...If I were giving advice to someone else, what would I tell them?

I am really, really looking forward to feed back and insights on this.. I am thinking that this spread will save me a lot of time figuring out the "what" I am going to do about any given situation.

(edit) I am changing the question for 6-9 to How would I advise someone on this situation?

Wichasa

It's an inquisition Spread.

Certainly going to help with some directional changes in my life... I think as long as I keep key words like character, goal, attitude... I will be able to apply this to just about every situation I can think of. (Just about)

Alta

Hi Wichasa,.

I'll take a shot. btw, you forgot to post the actual card in the 10th position.

1. What is my role in the situation? - III The Empress - rev -
I think your role is that at one point you held out the hand the friendship and support and were rewarded with something very negative. Now you feel full of suspicion and are somewhat guarded.
Another aspect of this, and it comes from the first reactions is a sense of lethargy. You don't know what to do and it makes you hesitant so nothing gets done. (again the opposite of The Empress).

2. What attitude am I bringing to this situation? - XVII The Star - rev - T
Clarification cards - 7 of cups -rev - and the 7 of coins.-
ah, as I deleted your comments I see that you yourself note the lack of action from confusion, doubt and maybe even shame (oddly, the actions of others which reflect only on them can make us feel shame.)
You are in heart a kind optimistic person and this situation has at least temporarily crushed that leaving you full of doubt and confusion. There seems to be no possibilities and you are very uncertain that any effort would bear fruit. All these cards plus the previous show a paralysis of action.

3. What is my basic character in this situation? - VII The Chariot -
This is the real you: The Chariot (& The Empress and the Star), all blocked. I am guessing that this is leaving to at least a low level of depression, because you just want to clear a path and move forward.

4. What attributes do I bring to the situation? - II The Empress - Since you already posted The Empress above and also labelled the card as II, I am guessing you drew the High Priestess here.
You are able to keep your own counsel, to note many things without reacting, to let things pass that you know are wrong without being fooled.

5. What needs to happen for a positive, forward moving resolution? -VII Strength - Perseverance and inner determination are the key. Allowing yourself to be crushed by the situation will be disastrous.

6-9. Minor Arcana - What is the probable outcome?
Knight of coins - rev - Two of wands - rev - 9 of coins - Queen of Wands
I think that it may depend on you. Both cards are reversed which suggest continued blockage.
You may have to leave the situation entirely, this looks so much like a stalemate to me and the 9 of coins suggesting going off on your own.

One other aspect of note about this queen is her complete honesty, with herself at least and with others as needs be (she is also socially adept, unlike the knight of words would not just blurt things out).

10. The life lesson I am learning.... You didn't add the actual card.

xxx Alta

Wichasa

The last card.

Alta,
I think I got so excited with what I was seeing I neglected to write down the last card.... sooooo
Here it is. 5 of Wands - I am learning how to see the difference in what are my true obstacles and battles, and which are those that do not do any good for anybody... Working on learning to see the whole picture. (Including my part in it.)

Thank you for your insights.... Had I been able to see what I was doing at the time, I would have dealt with the whole situation differently....:)

I am thankful things happened the way they did...Because of that one hic-up
in my path I figured a way to see things as they are happening.:D

Ais

I did this spread and found it incredible! It told me a lot I didn't want to know, but it was honestly like looking at myself laid out in card form!

Very good spread, one I'll probably end up using quite a lot :)

Wichasa

Looking in the Mirror

I am calling it the "Inquisition Spread". I am hoping this spread will save me a lot of mental "wheel Spinning".:)

Definetly not a spread for the feint of heart I think....You gotta want to.

I look forward to hearing how it works out for you... I am thinking I can use this for just about any situation....

mando

I did this spread a couple of days ago, and looking back on the last few days it has really help me focus. I find this a really empowering spread and it demands responsibility - I really needed to question what I was doing and thinking.