Boltcutter "Dark RWS" and "Light RWS" decks

ahclem

Cerulean said:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/c...stration-board/Crescent No. 110 Illustration Board is a heavy weight, professional grade board with a medium textured, 100% rag, acid-free surface. Each board is 24-ply and 0.09" (2.3 mm) thick.
Actually, the "110" in that product name is just Crescent's catalog number for that type of illustration board, not its weight. 2.3mm is way thicker than #110 card stock.

photokat

aurarcana said:
That's what I have, and I can see the tracking number (no I will not check it obsessively this week ;)). The deck will get here sometime soon, although, I am one of the ones on the East Coast; the decks are coming from the West Coast.

This is so funny.

Who will get it first?

* waits in anticipation *

Actually, Middle Coast. Ha

Cerulean

Thanks for the update! I'll delete the Crescent link!

I was also checking and found that 110 was a 'card stock weight' for covers and paper for an inkjet printer.

I'll check and see if I get more exact information on thickness of the paper or the deck, whichever is soonest!

If the paper thickness caliper of Crane's stationery inkjet 110 board/paper is a good standard at caliper thickness of .0148, there's a chart that defines 'tag paper' as 0.15 - which in the U.S. could be a theatre ticket or perhaps an old train ticket?

Tag Paper
STD. PAPER SIZE BASIS WEIGHT AVG. CALIPER
24" × 36" 100 .007
125 .009
150 .011
175 .013
200 .015

http://www.casepaper.com/calc_chart_caliper.htm#cardstock
I am not certain if that helps, but it gives me an idea of what I'm expecting.

Thanks.

Cerulean

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
And while we're waiting for the decks to arrive, does anyone know what "#110 acid free card stock" means (as it says on the site). Is #110 the thickness of the cardstock? That number means nothing to me, a layman when it comes to card/paper types.

Is that thinner or thicker than a Meneghello deck such as the Soprafino? Is #110 definitely cardboard or is it nearer paper?
Don 't know about the number, but if there are decks advertising themselves as printed on acid-free stock, grab them. They will last the centuries. Acid-bleached paper won't it will slowly corrode itself from the inside out over the decades, and there will be nothing a restorer will be able to do.

strings of life

photokat said:
Actually, Middle Coast. Ha

Ha, why yes, that being Colorado ;).

Floss

Email reply from Boltcutter

I sent an email to Mike the other day asking him whether there was a chance of doing a reprint of the decks, as many of us here at AT missed out. This is his reply:

"I don't know. We ended up selling a little less than half the edition, at cost, to a distributor. We just are not set-up for that kind of influx of orders. We will be about a week behind on our other commitments. A website for a car dealership, an magazine add for pantyhose, signs for a barbershop, a picture frame shop logo, all got put on hold, until we could get you guys taken care of properly. I am definitely NOT complaining, mind you. Its just, we are a graphics design firm, not a distributor. We will have to do things a bit differently if we do it again. It was a wonderful learning experience...we'll have to see, you never can tell. We're a gutsy bunch.
Enjoy the deck(s).
Regards,
Mike M."

So I wonder - did they sell half the edition to a distributor before selling to us?? If so ... these decks will possibly turn up through the distributor somewhere soon I would have thought ... any ideas ??

strings of life

Hmm, I wonder who the distributor was? I'm sure someone will find out soon enough.

And, i was obvious that this was a new experience or them; we all saw that first hand with the email that went out (To:, not Bcc:!). But, they did use the shipping component of PayPal, which surprised me. They were learning as they went along.

Can you imagine what they were thinking those two days when the decks sold out?

You can tell that they were designers, even if you didn't go through the web site in depth before hand. The deck is very unique looking...

Le Fanu

Wow! All these thorough replies on the cardstock question.

I went out to the cinema, came back and found all these new posts! I don't know what I was thinking of venturing into the outside world instead of sitting here watching an AT thread...

I think the issue which mosts concerns us - or maybe just me - right now (assuming the decks all reach us fine) is what the cardstock is really like for this deck.

Could those of you who receive it - within the next few days - give us the lowdown?

(As long is it's not like Liz Dean's Golden, I don't mind...)

photokat

Floss said:
So I wonder - did they sell half the edition to a distributor before selling to us?? If so ... these decks will possibly turn up through the distributor somewhere soon I would have thought ... any ideas ??

I am sure they'll turn up on Ebay!

iceclone

Got my confirmation last night. They will probably be shipped today.