Unexpectedly Seduced by ......

Rasa

Morgane_49 said:
The Sacred Rose Tarot was my only unexpected seduction.

When I first opened it, I thought "Oh, no..." but after a few trial runs we became very good friends!

Me too!
I always -wanted- to like this one, but the eye-less people seemed freaky to me, and the art too chaotic and scribbly...
and then one day I saw the deck/book set in discount bookstore for very cheap, and since I have a VERY hard time turning down a deck that's under $10, regardless of what it is, it came home with me.

I read in the book that the eyes were empty because the figures were really archetypal masks, and that I was suppose to visualize myself looking out through them, and suddenly it got interesting. The art became alive and dynamic, rather than chaotic, and I did try to look out from inside the cards when I did readings.

I don't work with this deck anymore, because I've been on a historical-decks kick for the last few years, but Sacred Rose ended up being a favorite for quite awhile.

karenquilter

Lo Scarabeo's DaVinci Tarot. I didn't like it at first, I found Mona Lisa's hat off-putting. But I thought that I'd give it another try before I traded it, & now it's my deck of choice.
K

Le Fanu

Hudes; bought it in a sale. Drab, spineless, po-faced and uninteresting so I traded it. Came across it a year later unexpectedly. Suddenly found it moody, atmospheric, autumnal and homely. Fast-tracked it to a nice bag and it is kept among the faves now!

Alchemical; first edition just didn't inspire me as much as I wanted it to. Read the book, but it was a bit of a slog. Got the Alchemical Renewed and LOVED it. Does this count, as there were major changes? But the deck suddenly came alive and now it is a favourite

LoS 100 Nights; just too fussy and detailed at first, but now I see it as one of the richest story-telling decks out there. I just throw all conventional meanings to the wind and READ! Love it...

MareSaturni

Gilded. Never wanted. Art seemed boring. Circus + medieval clothing...what the hell? Got it in a trade. Fell in love. Dark border already showing white-ish spots, from over-shuffling and overusing it. Now is a really loved deck, thank you very much for asking. Lives in a Halloween bag.

enchanted spirit

First it was the Victorian Romantic . . . saw the hype and didn't buy into it. Looked at scans on-line . . . pul-eeze! Then right when it went out of print I found a kit on E-Bay cheap. I thought I might as well pick it up, if I hated it I could always trade it. OMG! OMG! Now I have the gold too . . . LOL

Then it was the Bohemian Gothic . . . I thought it was way too dark for my taste. Then a friend let me see hers in person and . . . OMG! OMG! Luckily I was able to get one. This deck is like my dirty little secret. LOL It's so . . . wow!

Now I feel bad for going on over decks that are hard to get now, so the third one is the Druidcraft. I didn't want it cause it was so big! I got one in a trade, took the scissors to it, and now it is one of my faves.