The Maat tarot and astrology

Little Owl

Hi
Do you have to know all about astrology to be able to understand how to use the Maat Tarot ? I am waiting on them arriving bit I am worried that I wont understand the system even although I absolutely love the cards.

souljourney

I posted something similar a couple of weeks back. The short answer was "no". You can use it like any other deck and just go with the basic meanings you know, or read the cards intuitively.

If you got the book that should totally help understand it. And on her site there are a bunch more books you can by in physical form or download.

I'm just waiting on a bit more $$ and will get my set with the workbook from an AT member.

Enjoy!

Dusk Till Dawn

When I ordered my Deck, I was confused of which book to get. Julia recommended the Black and white activity book, that's the one I got, and I think it's an excellent book to go with the Deck. In itself it's a coloring book too.

Little Owl

re maat tarot

Thanks to everyone for your quick replies. I am so looking forward to getting the cards and am relieved to hear I can read with this deck without being an expert in astrolgy. I have ordered a book seperatley which is the Maat Tarot activity book. I was a bit confused which book would be the best to start with but decided to start with this one. I shall check out the tarot study also , thanks for the link.

x

DaisyDragonfly

Just my penny's worth: I've been working with the deck for a week and I'm doing just fine without getting into the astrology part of it. It's good to know -and, when it's something I understand, it does help with understanding the energy of the card - but it's not essential.

I downloaded the black-and-white activity book, and it's pretty cool. Worth it just to colour in the pictures and make you look at what's there! I'll probably be getting the Corinne Kenner book eventually, too.

Enjoy it! It's a gorgeous deck, and it's a challenging deck. I'm really enjoying it :D