Sun conjunct Saturn

samantha

In a composite chart , what exactly would the significance of
a sun conjunct saturn alliance be ?

I have been told that it is "important" ! But thats all.........

Could anyone recommend a book/ web site which would be
accessable to a beginner ......but give more than a cursory
explanation of placements such as the one above.

Minderwiz

A good book is 'The Astrology of Human Relationships' by Frances Sakoian and Louis Acker.

For Composite Charts, John Towley's book 'Composite Charts' is one of the best, if not the best.

Taking one aspect on its own is very dangerous for Synastry - all the other planetary relationships by House and Sign, as well as aspect need to be considered. Also what type of realtionship we are talking about - Romatic, Parent/Child, Business....

It is not a particularly romantic relationship - Saturn is hardly the god of romance - it might be good for business - Saturn and Capricorn tend to be businesslike. That isn't to say that there will be no emotional feelings involved - the relationship could be quite intense, possibly too intense and serious.

However again it depends on what the rest of the chart has to say Sign and House need to be considered first.

samantha

Thanks again Minderwiz !!

"Sign and house need to be considered first ".

So , my understanding of composite , is that it looks at the
mid-point between the two sets of positions. (?) In which case
there will only be one sign and house for each aspect ( although
in reality there will be a total of three. )

As I said , I'm a real beginner at this , but this "mid-point" business does seem to fudge things somewhat ?? Its kind of like
rounding something up or down , an approximation rather than
an exactitude ?!

I could well have misunderstood ......so please set me straight here !

isthmus nekoi

hi samantha,

you are correct, the midpoint, is one point b/w the two points - one from each partner's chart. In analyzing the composite chart, it's a good idea to keep the general compatibility of each natal chart in mind, but the composite chart is a separate entity. The composite chart is a chart all on its own w/its own dynamics to consider....

I'm not terribly well versed in this, but a midpoint is calculated by finding the degree in the exact center of the original two points. For example, the mid point b/w 0Gem and 29Gem is 15Gem. It's quite precise.

Minderwiz

HI Samanatha,

Composite charts are really charts for the relationship, rather than a 'fudge' the argument being that the relationship between two people takes on a life of its own and can be treated as a separate entity.

Personally I would start with a comparison chart - look at the synastry between your two charts and bring in the Composite (if at all) when you have pulled all you can get out of the synastry.

Relationships are also - of course - made up from the people involved so looking at their charts and comparing them is a good first step.

AquarianGoddess

Sun/Saturn conjunction in a composite charts says to me....it's a long-term relationship. Now, that doesn't mean good or bad, just long. Minderwiz is correct that it's a good aspect for a business relationship and that one's feelings may be suppressed...but that would be confirmed by other aspects, especially to the Moon.

Also, if you're familiar with transits, check the transits to the composite chart. I've found that both transits and eclipses do work with composites.

AG

Minderwiz

Yes that's a good point. As Chronos, Saturn is the god of time so the relationship is likely to be long lived.

Again though the details will depend on the rest of the chart and the charts of the individuals on which the Composite is based.

isthmus nekoi

saturn/sun also speaks of responsibilities, or being tied together by responsibilities.

samantha

How do you all rate astro.com ?

I tried them today and this is what they said about sun conjunct
saturn aspects :

" This is a very powerful aspect in a composite chart. It indicates
that you have come together to have an important learning
experience.

The experience of this relationship may expose you to truths
about yourselves that you would rather not face. The point
is not to judge yourselves or each other , but to see clearly
and with detachment and then make changes where necessary.

If you need this experience , the relationship may last a life
time."

I'm guessing that this aspect has been looked at in isolation ?
Which is exactly what Minderwiz was warning me against.....
So maybe you have to take these readings with a pinch of
salt ? They may be the raw materials , but will need blending
before the cake is produced ?!

Minderwiz : You asked me to look for the "synastry" between the two charts ......exactly what am I looking for ??!! And how
do I go about interpreting the findings ??!!
I'm guessing that it can't be as simple as saying "hey !!
Your Jupiter is in Virgo , and his Jupiter is in Virgo.....so this is
a match made in heaven / a non- starter ".

isthmus nekoi

you're quite right, Samantha. Astro.com's free readings are not holistic. However, I think it's a great site, and someone else here posted a favourable review of a paid for analysis.

A synastry chart involves looking at aspects made between two charts. You can check this out at astro.com's extended chart selection. It's quite a load to consider - first the aspects and dynamics of each natal chart, and then the aspects and dynamics created b/w each other.

Generally, I'll start out w/Sun/Moon/ASC/DC placements to guage a general compatibility before moving onto aspects or the other planets.

ie. Sun in Cap and sun in Virgo get on well b/c they're both earth signs and therefore have the potential to trine. If the sun in Cap is actually trining, then this connection is much stronger.

Synastry will show you compatibility b/w two charts. Composite will show you the nature of the relationship itself.