Chinese Astrological Sign?

Kirali

Demonesse said:
What book did you use, Kirali?

I used The Complete Book of Chinese Horoscopes by Lori Reid, published by Barnes and Noble. It's pretty good but I'm not sure how accurate it is. It was a bargain book, but it has a list of years and elements from 1907 to 2007! Anyway if anyone is unsure of their sign and element, you can PM me and I can look it up. But you have to tell me which year you were born! And also like Demonesse said, you have to be born after Chinese New year for your sign!

Demonesse

Told ya so, heheh. The Chinese time/year system is different - for example, the time you're in the womb actually counts towards your age, so for the Chinese age system you usually + a year to your age :) The rankings of the animals in the Chinese Zodiac are also based on a fable that the Buddha summoned the animals of the kingdom and those twelve got there first, one after the other. The Rat was first because he tricked the others :)

Oh, and take note if you're PMing Kirali to find out your sign details - Chinese New Year dates change each year.

Minderwiz

Thanks AG -

glad to know that somebody has faith in me. Of course instead of being a Pig, I could go for the rather upmarket 'Boar' but then I might be accused of being boring (Groan!!!!!!!!)

Given my love of cats, I think I'd rather be a Tiger! - At least in Western Astrology I can claim to be (partly) Leo.

Demonesse - If you have any other info regarding the differences between Western and Chinese, I'd love to hear it - It's an area that I really enjoy learning about

Regards

Minderwiz

Demonesse

I think Pigs are cuter than Boars any day. Have you SEEN a Boar before? Hairy, mean-looking things with bad tempers.

Minderwiz, it'd help if you asked a more specific question or pointed out a specific area?

And you haven't given me my astrological reading yet! *waaah*

Indigo

I'm a Fire Dragon and a Capricorn with Sagittarius rising. Oddly enough, during my childhood, I "butted heads" (no pun intended) more with my Rabbit/Libra dad than with my Tiger/Leo mom.

Minderwiz

Demonesse,

Mea Culpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do you a reading and then you can tell me a little more about Chinese Astrology :)

Best wishes

Minderwiz

Kiama

I'm a Water Rat... YEEEEHAAA! Scary thing is, this really does describe me pretty well...

Kiama

Demonesse

Actually Kiama - 1984 would be a Wood Rat...

Fuzzmello

Well, I just found out I'm a Water Dragon. Seems like a kind of contradiction in terms, but there ya go...

Fuzz

Demonesse

Actually, a Water Dragon is an excellent sign to be, Fuzzmello.

Indigo, the sign that opposes you most is the sign directly opposite you in the Chinese Zodiac...you could be irritated by the sometimes indecisive and gentle nature of the Rabbit, while Dragons supposedly do best with Rats and Monkeys - there are four "affinity triangles", each composed of three signs - these three signs will be in harmony with one another. The first is the above one - the one I've described above(Dragon, Rat, Monkey) are the leaders, financial wizards and go-getters, for example :)

Minderwiz - Tigers are not like Leos - the Dragons are the Leos of the Chinses Zodiac, but if you were a Leo Tiger you would probably have a VERY strong personality - Tigers are temperamental, passionate, strong, and all too eager to spend money.