Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 2- #92

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: CANCER
Degree: 2
Number: 92

Symbol: A MAN ON A MAGIC CARPET OBSERVES VAST VISTAS BELOW.

tink27

How exquisitely weaved is your magic carpet? How strong is it? What materials, geometrical designs did you use? If you were to float away on it, would it be able to twist and turn freely in the winds current? Is it weaved to catch and hold the golden light of the sun or if at night, the reflections of the moon? Does the air get warmer as you ascend or does it get cooler? Does this magic carpet glow in the dark?

These are questions that came to me this morning as I looked at this symbol. .Throughout the day, when I had a moment’s peace at work, my mind floated around these questions.

This symbols resonates with me on many levels. As a child my magic carpet was my way of coping with pain, humiliation and hurtful feelings. I literally pulled away from my own body, The lower half of my body felt as if it was frozen, numb, I couldn’t feel much of anything. Unable or unsure of how to fight for myself, I lived in a world of make believe. (ohh how I’ve grown) My breathing was shallow and sporadic inviting a myriad of lung and chest infections in my early childhood; it was if my system was shutting down, contending with a runaway spirit and a disenchanted body.

When we interrupt the natural rhythm of our breathing, (especially under stress) we could invite a condition called hypoxia which means a lack of oxygen in our cells and tissues. This increases the amount of carbon dioxide in our blood.

Wikipedia said:
Hypoxia is often associated with high altitudes, where it is called altitude sickness. Symptoms of generalized hypoxia depend on its severity and speed of onset. They include headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, unsteadiness, and sometimes even seizures and coma. Severe hypoxia induces a blue discolouration of the skin (the red blood cells become darker as they lose oxygen, which intensifies the blue appearance of the veins).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoxia_%28medical%29

Another form of stressful breathing is hyperventilating.

Before I get to the positive side of the symbol, there is one more thing I’d like to point out regarding the opposing side of the symbol. Meditation is a wonderful way to relax and become in touch with your spirit. But if our body, our will, our personality and our ego are weak, we may soar to the greatest of heights, but we discover we either have no magic carpet or the one we have isn’t strong enough for an intense spiritual journey. We become lost (loss of identity) in the currents of our own emotions. The vistas we see below are dreams and desires but we don’t know how to manifest them into our reality.

Everything in our world is balanced by its polar opposite. Heat is to cold, as light is to dark, as pleasure is to pain. All these are, but waves, and the higher the wave the deeper it burrows into its opposite.

tink

tink27

Oh my, when I look at the many magic carpets out there, I’m in awe of how each stitch, each thread woven emotionally together has the ability to capture a person’s essence! Such a kaleidoscope of colors coming from many different directions to create a work of art unique to one individual. You and I could have the same materials along with the same magical weaver, but what we create would be totally different. Imagine for some the threads so fine, the light of day would make them appear almost transparent. And what have we weaved into our magic carpets? Our cultures, our heritage our homeland along with our beliefs,our hopes, dreams and wishes.

I believe our emotions speak through our bodies. As our stories unfold, our magic carpets become more intricate more beautiful; our emotions inspire it to move and change….then these magic carpets take on a life of their own .

When we create colorful designs of our hopes and dreams, it’s as if some power, some rhythm overtakes us, we are in total ecstasy, powered by our own excitement. It’s as if a hidden dimension we’ve been seeking for years, has suddenly, somehow been revealed to us. And with that new meaning comes a new person inside us.

With a sense of pride and confidence, our magic carpet flows freely into the unknown. The landscape below looks different through our new eyes, as we search to find a place to co-create our vision. Our magic carpet pauses on the threshold of our future, we take a look back at the stages of our life that brought us here… What lies below is possibly a new life, a new start that none of us right now can clearly imagine. Gently slowly our magic carpet
descends……….

tink

MCsea

Tink - again your words are inspirational!

Key Word Contemplation

Numerology 92 - reduced is a master 11 just found that interesting for this HEIGHTENED symbols

Healing Body Point Seventh rib

Element Mica - muscovite or mica, yields remarkably thin laminae or sheets, which reminded me of the carpet.

On the other thread for July readings I get this symbol, I saw it in regard to my health as my yoga mat, where I do healing, meditation, strengthening and I feel safe.
I think this symbol reminds me of hot air ballooning, quite soon you get tired of looking below at the same old same old and start looking to the further horizon, looking for more.

I suppose I should be looking at the Ali Baba stories of magic carpets to, but like Tink I see it as an extension of our person - our emotions our aura potential and history.

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
I suppose I should be looking at the Ali Baba stories of magic carpets to, but like Tink I see it as an extension of our person - our emotions our aura potential and history.

MARINA

Oh yes Marina! I was trying to remember the Disney cartoon (I think Aladdin?)...I was remembering the antics of the little magic carpet (giggle), it had quite a character and throughout the movie developed from being shy, introverted to a magic carpet with purpose and drive....and quite a personality! If I remember correctly it took time to befriend this little flying carpet....hmmm I have the movie here somewhere.......another of Disney's inspirational movies for young and old alike!

You've been busy this morning Marina! I'll enjoy responding to your comments....but now I've got to ready for work (darn!)

tink

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 241