One Tarot Book [to rule them all!]

tarotbear

Could I have six books to rule them all?

Not having a copy of LOTR handy - it's One Ring to rule them all - how many other rings were there altogether? I'd say your six books are onto something, Carla! :)

Greg Stanton

Paul Huson's Mystical Origins of the Tarot is the one book I go back to, over and over.

Freddie

'Tarot of the Magicians' by Oswald Wirth is my favorite, but I don't know about just having only one.

Freddie

Seraphina

Unfortunately for some, there is no ONE book.. but i think thats a good thing, i enjoy reading/studying many different tarot books, i love absorbing and digesting them all lol, so many to choose, so many different aspects of tarot too, from the meanings, how to read them, the astrological influences, the elemental assocations..the list goes on and on!

I like to cross reference different books.. i guess i just love reading tarot books!

Carla

Not having a copy of LOTR handy - it's One Ring to rule them all - how many other rings were there altogether? I'd say your six books are onto something, Carla! :)

''Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

So I guess that would be 20!

revivifyingraine

starting to agree with you..been doing this for a few weeks now.

My choice for the one and only book would be a blank book with lots of pages. I could then write my thoughts as they develop and I would then have the best tarot book for me.

I am getting tired of buying all of the books that conflict in meanings..ughlol

tarotbear

I am getting tired of buying all of the books that conflict in meanings..ughlol

If all the books said the exact same thing ... you wouldn't need all of them!

If all the books said the exact same thing then there would be only ONE way to interpret the cards and then it would apply to everyONE in every situation without nuance or variation ~ and that just isn't what Tarot is all about!

Most books are an 'overview' of the author's distillation of experience. If you'd like to see tarot dissected into a unique vision, I suggest you search out an Amazon copy of 'Every Man's Tarot: Tarot and the Male Experience' where everything the author says is in direct conflict to everything you may know or believe, since the author feels that most tarot books are written by women for other women, and wrote this one for men.

"One Tarot book to rule them all"? Not in his opinion! :p There is a tarot lecturer on the west coast who has her students buy this book because she uses it for 'comparative analysis.' No 'White Knights in shining armor bearing you a love token' in this book!

JenWt43

Gareth Knight

I have enjoyed "The Magical World of the Tarot" by Gareth Knight, for learning how to communicate with the cards. This book is different, in that the reader meditates on/with the cards.

Daniele Nigris

I concur in supporting Greer's 21 ways.

A great reading -alas, in Italian only- is a book originally published in 1979, 'Intuitive Tarot', which I read only recently. The two authors are two Osho's Swamis, and their approach is of a Jungian type. Great insights.
It is:
S. Prembodhi, S.A. Rajendra – Il Tarocco Intuitivo – Ed. Il Re Nudo -2nd ed. 2007

Bhavana

I like Marcia Masino's books, the Easy Tarot Guide being her first, it has been updated since I purchased it in the 90's, and she has a second one, but the title escapes me right now.