Hallowquest lesson 27 - Arthur.

PathWalker

There is a long meditation for this lesson - which may also be a reading of you wish to place cards at each turn of the Maze you will walk through.

Here are the questions you will be asked in the maze, and for which you may draw cards:

1 - "At this entrance to Sovereignty's maze, how will you uphold my justice?"

2 - "The ruler's acts are reflected in the land itself; what kind of weather typifies your actions?"

3 - "The ruler is known for great generosity; what gift do you give to all impartiality?"

4 - "The ruler maintains the boundaries; how will you defend your land?"

5 - "The ruler shows compassion to the unfortunate; how will you relieve distress?"

6 - "The ruler looks for a cure for the land's sickness; what disease currently afflicts your land?"

7 - "The ruler maintains the land's honour; how are you attuned to the honour of your land?"

8 - "The ruler maintains truth in all things; what is the root of your own integrity?"

9 - "At the centre of my maze, I ask you, what oath would you make to be worthy of the Spear?"

PathWalker

Pathwalker - Arthur Maze meditation

I chose cards to guide me answers at each turn of the maze.

1 - Arthur asks - "At this entrance to Sovereignty's maze, how will you uphold my justice?"

THE LADY OF THE LAKE
With the book (accumulated wisdom and lore) and the sword (clear thinking). With divination, with the peace of mind that comes from the solitude of the lake-side, and the deep right-thinking emotion of walking in the Lady's land beneath the water.

2 -The Sun asks - "The ruler's acts are reflected in the land itself; what kind of weather typifies your actions?"

STONE THREE
A clear sky, the green of an early autumn day, the warmth for the harvesting of the field.

3 - The Spear King asks - "The ruler is known for great generosity; what gift do you give to all impartiality?"

THE SPEAR QUEEN
Sacrifice? Empathy? The given keywords are expressive, passionate, sympathetic and organised.

4 - The Green Man asks - "The ruler maintains the boundaries; how will you defend your land?"

SWORD MAIDEN
With the careful work of my hands; by continuing to work creatively. By the careful use of the sword already granted me. Humility compassion but also discernment.

5 -The Spear Queen asks - "The ruler shows compassion to the unfortunate; how will you relieve distress?"

GUINEVERE
With gentleness of spirit, with the hope of a better day, the fragrance and softness of spring; with the continuing thread, safe spun. Peace, joy, contentment, sweet harmony.

6 -Prydwen asks - "The ruler looks for a cure for the land's sickness; what disease currently afflicts your land?"

THE WASHER AT THE FORD
Hopelessness, pollution, death, premonition.

7 - The Spear Knight asks - "The ruler maintains the land's honour; how are you attuned to the honour of your land?"

SWORD FIVE
I see the potential destruction of the land by those who do not respect and honour her , and their fellow creatures. I try to maintain an honourable position for myself; I support others who do the same. I speak my truth, but gently, gently!

8 - The Spear Maiden asks - "The ruler maintains truth in all things; what is the root of your own integrity?"

STONE TWO
Seeing a clear choice, taking one path, making a decision and sticking to it.

9 - Sovereignty asks - "At the centre of my maze, I ask you, what oath would you make to be worthy of the Spear?"

MERLIN
I will use my magic, and carry each of the Hallows as they are given to me, in the service of Albion, always.

The gift I received as I left the maze is my own copy of the map from Merlin's table, to be added to by me.

_

PathWalker

I was wonderfully surprised (shouldn't have been I suppose, after working with this deck for so long) as to how appropriate and helpful it was to draw a card to help me answer each question. I would definitely recommend it if you find this a difficult section to work through.

Pathwalker