Advanced Tarot Secrets (Exercise 1 - Sidekick)

ana luisa

Ok, this exercise really interested me because it talks about the DOMINANT card. I always felt that there is always a card that pulls you more, that shines brighter but often, we're forced to look at a certain position (eg, the card in the middle or the significator, etc). My initial question before starting an exercise was if I had to ignore/dismiss directional clues or truly invert the cards. For instance, here's a reading using Magician + 10 of Wands (the Hero being the Magician)" although he is a fantastic doctor, I'm afraid he is too busy lately to do something of value". Now, let's invert : I've been really working too hard. My back is hurting again. I may have to start taking anti-inflammatories.
all is good BUT I like to look at the characters move and glances. If I turn the sidekick into the Hero and vice-versa, should I also invert the card's position or is it COMPLETELY irrelevant ?

tarotlova

Sidekick

Ok I pulled the Page of Wands & 5 Swords, to me the dominate one in this is the 5 Swords, I am pulled into this card straight away the stormy clouds with a hint of sun coming through the determined look on the mans face looking towards the front left, and in the background are two men one seems to be consoling the other one who looks older, actually holding him up. I feel that the main figure in the 5 Swords has heard news from the Page that he took advantage of and became the winner because of his quick actions. When I swap them around I get the impression that he is waiting on news before he acts on it, he looks to me to be waiting now, for the right time to strike.

ana luisa

Ok I pulled the Page of Wands & 5 Swords, to me the dominate one in this is the 5 Swords, I am pulled into this card straight away the stormy clouds with a hint of sun coming through the determined look on the mans face looking towards the front left, and in the background are two men one seems to be consoling the other one who looks older, actually holding him up. I feel that the main figure in the 5 Swords has heard news from the Page that he took advantage of and became the winner because of his quick actions. When I swap them around I get the impression that he is waiting on news before he acts on it, he looks to me to be waiting now, for the right time to strike.

Sorry, I should have asked this before: what deck will you be using? The Rider ?

ana luisa

New pair: 5 of pentacles and Magician reversed. Because my financial situation is horrible right now, I wo't be able to put my projects to work. Reverse: The projects I devised were unsuccessful and now I have to think about a way to get myself out of the hole.

come think of it the directions they are facing DO make a difference... BTW, I´ll be using the Dreaming Way for a while.

tarotlova

New Pair

I am using the Illuminati, I got the Page of Pentacles & The Devil, so since I am looking for a job at the moment I find this pair very apt, for me the dominate one is the Devil I feel very weighed down with burden of looking for a new job, I really just want to give up, but the Page is telling me not to despair as something new will come up for me on the horizon. She is holding some wheat in one hand above her head and the Pentacle in her other hand so I feel this will be an unexpected thing occurring. When I reverse the cards I feel that I have become to attached to monertery concerns, everything seems dull and boring after all money can't buy you happiness, and that is why chasing after all things shiny has become a chore with no joy in it at all.

ana luisa

Great interpretation!!! Also, have you noticed that if you invert and use the Devil first, you may see that the Page is quite oppulent. He has what he needs already so he can move on (horse moving to the right = future) and leave the shackles behind. :)

ana luisa

Still the Dreaming Way. Page of Wands Rx and Knight of Wands.
Dominant Knight of Wands : Geez, while you're wasting time waiting for this sprout to grow, I'm moving on, taking my chances, risking it. Even the horse is out of the card already.
Dominant Page of Wands : You're so anxious to move and do things without thinking that you may run over me! You're looking back, moving forward and completely forgetting to consider your feelings on the matter (going through the motions). An accident is bound to happen.

tarotlova

Right about the Horse! Although no horse in Illuminati

I have pulled the King of Pentacles & Queen of Wands who is the dominate card, I see the King of Pentacles as my husband holding on to the money and me the Queen asking for more money to spend on my much loved cat (incidentally I do have a black cat who is 21!) So I see him eventually giving me the money with much rolled eyes and me trying not to laugh. Reversed I see that they both seem to have equal power no one card seems to dominate for me, they both seem happy with what they each have.:bugeyed:

ana luisa

Sorry! I thought the Prince was the Page :D

ana luisa

A new pair. Judgement and 8 of pentacles.
Dominant 8 of pentacles : It's simply IMPOSSIBLE to work and concentrate with these people talking all the time and asking for a gazillion things non-stop!
Dominant Judgment : now that the pressing issues are taken care of, I can quietly resume to my work/hobby and do it the way I like to.