Lulu experiences? Seeking JMD book.

Mikey

Hey everyone, sorry if this is being posted in the wrong section. Couldn't find a suitable place for experiences with publishers/retailers, so i am posting here.

I am thinking of ordering JMD's "Reading the Marseille Tarot" from Lulu. I am looking to order the hard copy, as I do not like reading from screens.

I know a few folks here had issues with downloading the ebook, but can anyone give me testimonials on their experience with Lulu shipping actual books to them? They legit and good with shipping? The book is rather pricey, which is fine, but I just don't want to be scammed essentially.

Thanks all!

Patrick Booker

I can only speak for the UK, but I have found them reliable. Their books are print on demand, so you have to allow a few days for that, but when you open an account, you can check on progress on their site. UK books are delivered from Europe by courier - I would guess that US books are printed there (in US). Never had any problems. I have the JMD book from them, and it is nicely produced. They have a lot of interesting stuff that you can't find elsewhere.

Patrick

mrpants

I had a very decent experience with Lulu; I also got jmd's book. The book itself is very large format, all materials are rather cheap. This seems to be par for the course, regarding print on demand quality. The book is holding together well, though. Lulu's ordering process was fast and easy, delivery was swift. I would order again with confidence.

DeToX

Only ever had an issue once with Lulu, a paperback arrived with missing illustrations on the pages. Contacted the author and it appears it was an error on the pdf he submitted to Lulu, so not Lulu's fault. They wanted photos as proof and sent me another copy after the author had updated the pdf and it was fine. JMD's book is good but it would be better if it was in colour as the images of historical cards would be easier to see (same criticism levelled at Kaplan's series of books but even more so there). The only complaints I've seen about Lulu regarding the JMD book have been the download version.

garmonbozia

I am very happy with my purchase of JMD's book from Lulu.