When a tarot deck visits a wildlife park

shadowdancer

:)

Took the Tarot of Innocence to the wildlife park where I volunteer.
They had a blast.
So, here are their highlights:

10 of pents and 10 of swords chill with a meerkat.

9 of pents, page of pents and Magician get up and close with a cheeky kea (only alpine parrot in the world).

Me showing our wonderful female giraffe 5 of wands, Empress and Temperance.

8 of swords and Devil get a bit spooked at being so close to the lions.

Wheel and Star peer in at the gecko. (One of 16 native species to NZ)

I have seen a few photos posted where decks have been taken to work. Wonder if there will be a few more posted to showcase different environments they find themeselvs :)

Attachments

• merekats.jpg
    merekats.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 84
  • kea.jpg
    kea.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 77
  • me and giraffe.jpg
    me and giraffe.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 81
  • lions.jpg
    lions.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 82
  • gecko.jpg
    gecko.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 68

emilygrace

Cool pictures! I like the manicure!

shadowdancer

Thanks for that :)

Easy to do myself... use a cut up sponge to apply x 6 nail colours to each nail, then stamp / template the black over the top. It looks great when finished for sure.

I occasionally do leopard or tiger skin designs when working there.

I wanted to just prop the cards in with the animals, but they would not have lasted 30 seconds. Particularly with the kea. Lions would have been a NO _ NO!...lol.

May try a few more next week with different cards and different animals. (Otter, tiger, Tasmanian Devils)

Again - can't let the animals near them sadly but may get a few good ones.

lark

Oh you're so cute..and nice safari nail design.
I was holding my breath that that parrot wasn't going to poop on your cards. :D

shadowdancer

Well, the kea are fun but a nightmare (in a good way) Teenage and young kea chicks are just playful, curious, destructive and highly intelligent. You would not believe what I have witnessed with regards their intelligence and ingenuity. But it is like letting free kids with ADHD and e number issues loose in a sweet shop.

Anyways, they took a shine to my hat. This is one of them trying to wrestle it off. At one stage I had two of them at once trying this. I was focussed only on saving the cards! :D :D My friend taking the photo was so unnerved by them, she didn't take any more photos.

I was thinking of posting this as a caption competition..
something along the lines of:

"Jeez, if you want a reading, there are nice ways of asking ya know!!"

Seriously, if they had got hold of the cards that would have been it. No way would I get them back, and certainly not in one piece.

oh, and I will recommend my camera. I am 51 years old in November, but it does seem to take years off me :D :D

Attachments

• kea 2.jpg
    kea 2.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 58

Ambrosia

How wonderful!

I love seeing Tarot out and about in the community - especially the animal community!

I should have taken some picks of me and my deck at work today too! A deck goes everywhere with me and I even managed to give a reading with it (amongst having to do some real work)!

Great deck - well done! :)