Tyldwick - Seven of Staves

BodhiSeed

Having grown up with four brothers and sisters, I understand the desire to protect what is rightfully yours. I can just imagine a boy lining up the seven soldiers on his toy box while warning a younger sibling not to touch what's inside "or else." The toy box represents our creative ideas and projects that need to be protected from others who might try to represent them as their own. Or, they may need to remain hidden from people who constantly rip our dreams apart, telling us they are impractical or impossible. The circus elephants on the toy box imply another group - people who want us to "perform" in traditional ways instead of following our own path. Sevens represent a choice, and here in this card we are encouraged to stand and defend/protect our ideas instead of giving in to outside pressure.

http://www.malpertuis.co.uk/2013/

Attachments

• ToySoldiers.jpg
    ToySoldiers.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 825

swimming in tarot

I am wondering if there is any significance to the lack of mopboard at the bottom of the wall. Most of the rooms have a little more "finish" to them. Yeah, it's a kid's room, but this looks like a partition wall arbitrarily plunked down after the fact of the house being built. Oh! It might be precisely that, a wall to divide a larger room into personal space for each kid, which helps reinforce your meaning. Or not, if this represents the firstborn, whose room got halved for a subsequent sibling, and he feels defensive.

What is the significance of the curtain pulled aside toward the right? There is no window or door there, just a blank wall. The right of the card represents the future, doesn't it? For what reason might the future be veiled?

Notice how this wallpaper is also the background for card viewing on the Malpertuis website.

Tyldwick

What is the significance of the curtain pulled aside toward the right? There is no window or door there, just a blank wall.

I imagine the curtain being pulled in front of the chest, obscuring the whole scene. This goes back to BodhiSeed's idea about hiding our ideas away or adding another layer of protection. "Out of sight, out of mind."

It's not healthy to be over-protective, though. Maybe the veil has been lifted away to share our toys with a friend. If you're feeling overwhelmed it's important to remember that not everyone is against you.

Ienne

Does anyone else see the figure hovering in the back within the pattern of the wallpaper?