Celtic Shaman's Pack--2015 Edition--The Good and the BAD

lark

I love what you did with the deck, MG! Trimmed it looks AMAZING!!!! :heart:

Question about the book with new reprint - does the content differ at all to that of the original? I don't have the new one to compare.
The book is in a different format, but it is the same content.
I compared when I got my new set to my original version book.

journeyinghome

Thanks lark :)

I ordered the new version and it just came. Brand new and sealed but some damaged cards so it's going back. Grrr. I can't even trim them because of where the damage is :(
The card stock isn't good and I don't like the way the images have been altered, they appear quite fuzzy. That may just be my eyesight though. But, I like the book - much easier to read format than the old one - and a few updates to the bibliography.

lark

Thanks lark :)

I ordered the new version and it just came. Brand new and sealed but some damaged cards so it's going back. Grrr. I can't even trim them because of where the damage is :(
The card stock isn't good and I don't like the way the images have been altered, they appear quite fuzzy. That may just be my eyesight though. But, I like the book - much easier to read format than the old one - and a few updates to the bibliography.
Same here I like the new format of the book, but not the card stock.

In the new Edition I like:
The larger images.
The books easier to read format
And that there is a number on each card along with the name. makes it easier to look up in the book.
I like that each of the outside borders of the cards are all in different colors for the different suits...makes for a nice colorful edge treatment, and easy identification of the suits.

Original Edition
The card stock is better
And the image quality is a little crisper.

I wasn't going to bother to buy it, but then I thought...anything that Chesca Potter does
l'll support...and I'm glad I got it.
Can you believe it was my first time ordering from the Book Depository...and it was super fast!
So sorry yours was damaged.. :(

Le Fanu

Could somebody include the isbn of the set so there are no worries about getting book only?

lark

Could somebody include the isbn of the set so there are no worries about getting book only?

Sure can
This is the new version.

The Celtic Shaman's Pack
Published by....Connections Book Publishing
Printed in China

ISBN 978-1-85906-393-4

Mi-Shell

Printed in China
Brrrrr.... that sounds so very commercial.....
These days, is there anything anywhere, that is not from China? :(

Le Fanu

Sure can
This is the new version.

The Celtic Shaman's Pack
Published by....Connections Book Publishing
Printed in China

ISBN 978-1-85906-393-4
Forgot to thank you, lark, and two weeks have passed. I ordered and it is now here. Arrived today. It is SO strange seeing Chesca's artwork back in print again. When I opened the package and saw the new box and - it really feels so odd. I'd never have imagined new editions of Chesca's work would see the light of day.

First impressions. Thinner cardstock, less gloriously subtle and richly dazzling colours. Darker, grainier. One of my favourite cards - the Lord of the Underworld - is so different to the original edition. Details seem lost. But, really, I am thrilled that it is easily available and that it will find a new public.

I do wish the book was more explicitly divinatory. It is a wonderful deck, a wonderful pack, but it isn't exactly cartomantically friendly, if you get my drift. More for journeying and meditation and yet it is a deck which screams to be laid out and read and shuffled and "divined" with!

Michellehihi

I bought it, I cannot compare with the earlier version that I don't have. The thing is...what is this? We are supposed to communicate with other worlds? How can I do that? In the book it says that we need to know the method to enter into a transe, and this method is taught in another book, "the celtic shaman" that we need to buy, plus a CD of sounds of drums.
I am at lost. I am 49 years old and I realise there are a lot of things I still have to learn in life...I am not sure I want to take the time to learn to "communicate with other worlds"... And for what purpose? Getting answers? I have my tarot decks for that.
SO this pack is available if someone wants to buy it from me!

journeyinghome

Don't give up on the deck! It truly is wonderful. Was there ever a study group for it way back, I wonder?

Michellehihi

Don't give up on the deck! It truly is wonderful. Was there ever a study group for it way back, I wonder?

No but really, do you do the exercice as suggested? With the drums and the circle of stones around you and all???? What is this???