Tarot Diva

callistoluna

I was wandering through my local metaphysical bookshop and came across the title Tarot Diva by Sasha Graham. I've never seen this book before although I think it's been out since last year.

Has anyone read this book? What did you think?

tarotbear

I haven't seen it, but the title pushed my imagination into overdrive and I thought: That's It! "THE DIVA TAROT" and Bette Midler was the first card that popped into my head!

Sorry .. back to the thread now .... :D

RunningWild

I have the book. It's fun to look at once in a while but I don't do that very often.

Tiddles

They have it at my library and I've picked it up and glanced through it. it seems fun, and I might check it out from the library someday, but nothing I'd ever buy. I would even be slightly embarrassed to check it out due to the title :/ She does make an observation about the rws deck that I hadn't noticed or even come across on this site, which is there are 13 ” stage cards”. Cards such as the ten of wands, page of cups, five of swords, that look like there is a painted screen in the background of which you can see the border as it meets the ” stage” where the ” actors” are. She doesn't know why, just notes that PCS had a background in theater, and that everything in Tarot has a reason, but we may never know why these cards were illustrated in this way. I did locate all thirteen, but I haven't been the one to crack the code :)

rwcarter

They have it at my library and I've picked it up and glanced through it. it seems fun, and I might check it out from the library someday, but nothing I'd ever buy. I would even be slightly embarrassed to check it out due to the title :/ She does make an observation about the rws deck that I hadn't noticed or even come across on this site, which is there are 13 ” stage cards”. Cards such as the ten of wands, page of cups, five of swords, that look like there is a painted screen in the background of which you can see the border as it meets the ” stage” where the ” actors” are. She doesn't know why, just notes that PCS had a background in theater, and that everything in Tarot has a reason, but we may never know why these cards were illustrated in this way. I did locate all thirteen, but I haven't been the one to crack the code :)

The RWS 'stage cards'

callistoluna

Right - well I went back and had another look -

It's got sections on the major arcana and what their kitchens would look like and recipes (the fool to the hermit) and how they'd dress (called Major stylista from the Wheel of fortune to the World).

I had a quick read of the court card section. I might just buy it for that part alone.

It also has activities relating to real life for the minors. For example the Aces involve gratitude exercises and the 9 of swords has a can't sleep exercise....I find this an interesting way to write about the cards.

adanawtn

So has anyone else read or looked through "Tarot Diva" lately? And would they recommend it?

I'm thinking about buying it myself, because it gives me the same vibe as "A Love Alchemist's Notebook" by Jessica Shepherd, and I loved that book.

Any thoughts?